Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo...Until I await the arrival of my REALLY BIG NGD....This arrived at my doorstep today. This is a lil somethin somethin I snagged off the bay early last week. My first 6er in over 3 years. I'm really digging it, it's an effortless player for sure....

Still getting used to the locking tuners but their nice. One other Q to you fellow JPMM owners....Are all the trem bars just free swinging or can you tighten them up?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Congrats - you can tighten the bars by depressing the trem with the bar in and looking at the bridge from the back. You'll see a little grub screw and if you tighten it it'll squeeze the bar tighter making it swing less.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet...Thanks Mesh...appreciate it.....

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice man. I have pretty much that exact guitar (minus the D-sonic).
Not sure which pickup it is....When did they start putting the CL in????
This one is an 09'

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

TMatt142 said:
Very nice man. I have pretty much that exact guitar (minus the D-sonic).
Not sure which pickup it is....When did they start putting the CL in????
This one is an 09'
I think he means he has an old pre dsonic model

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I think he means he has an old pre dsonic model
Yeah, I got mine new in '03 or '04, I think? Pre D-sonic, for sure.

·
Registered
238 Posts
damn dude - that's sweet! I'm familiar with EBMM basses, but not their guitars. Much nicer than the Axis I'm always seeing.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks nice. Glad you've found it comfortable and easy to play. Does it feel weird to play a six string again?
Sure does Rob, not in a difficult way but I feel like a giant for sure. Like I mentioned to you in PM, I've caught myself reaching for that low B a few times only to grab "air". Very funny feeling!

I did have to condition the fretboard considerably when I got it. Funny how many people pay no attention to their fretboards. It was like playing a guitar at GC. Luckily the fretends weren't sticking out or anything. At any rate, there is no way I'm getting rid of this thing. It may sit for quite awhile once I get the CST but it's probably THE best 6er I've played in quite a long time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts