Metal Guitarist Forums banner

2010-2011 NFL Season Thread

Tags
nfl season
9K views 161 replies 24 participants last post by  Nights_Blood 
#1 ·
Opening day! :metal:

- Pats look great. Carlson Palmer does not.
- Houston over Indy? wtf?

Pats 1-0! :D

See less See more
#5 ·
The scary thing is the Texans offense was all ground based. We all know Schaub can throw, so can you imagine what will happen if both the passing and running game start firing on all cylinders?

I bet the Lions and the Rams might have a few upsets in them this year. They are both better than the pushover teams they've been the last couple years.

#6 ·
The Steelers complete lack of an offense today is painfully apparent. 5 turnovers by the Titans... and the score is 13-3. 13 Steeler points that came from a kickoff return touch down and 2 field goals :(

Then again I guess when you're down to your 4th quarterback it's to be expected :lol: This game is sort of like watching a circus...

#8 ·
Someone needed to tell the Patriots yesterday that NFL games are more than 15 minutes long. :lol: 100-5 on yardage and like 13/2 for time of possession in the first quarter. Then they just started to suck. Our D made Mark Sanchez look like Joe Montana. :mad:

Nice to see Eli lose, though. :D

#10 ·
I was watching their drive in the 4th quarter, thinking to myself "Brady is going to pull something out of his ass and the Patriots are going to win". Then Taylor cleaned his clock and forced that fumble. Game over!

The Bears made a mockery of the Cowboys D... Cowboys are now 0-2 when many picked them to go to the Super Bowl. I bet Wade Phillips is a little nervous about his job right now.

#12 ·
I love seeing Tom Brady and Belichick lose. :rofl:

Sorry Chris... :wub:

How about them Bears? :yesway:

#13 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Seanbabs said:
I was stoked that the Broncos won so dominantly. Maybe there is some hope after all. However, we have Payton and the Colts next week :ugh:
I all but gave up on pro ball after watching us lose elway Davis and mccaffrey.

Then last season happened, and my girlfriend watched me turn into a raving lunatic broncos fan pounding coors cheering for the team that I thought had died.

Then she watched me watch them die again :(

#14 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I all but gave up on pro ball after watching us lose elway Davis and mccaffrey.

Then last season happened, and my girlfriend watched me turn into a raving lunatic broncos fan pounding coors cheering for the team that I thought had died.

Then she watched me watch them die again :(
Last year was a roller coaster ride for them. They couldn't keep it together at the end.

#23 ·
I was out of the room when that hit occurred, but there was a lot of yelling and screaming- I guess initially we thought we'd done the guy in. :lol:

He's what, 45? There comes a point where you just have to come to terms with the fact that maybe pro football isn't the right choice at your age.

#22 ·
Just a facial laceration... that was a pretty hard shot which got under his facemask. He is however washed up and needs to retire for good (and keep little Favre in his pants). I was surprised the Jets got shut out by the Packers, but Green Bay did play some awesome defense.

#32 ·
It sort of just hit me as I was thinking about how old Favre is and it dawned on me that I'm 39. I'm fucking old too. I guess it's good I have an office job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.