Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
423lb dry, 150hp @ 9250 rpm, ABS, Ohlins suspension, 5 gal fuel tank, etc, etc? I'll take the S version in black, please.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I can't tell if it's the bike or the incredible photograph.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Under powered, Heavy and over priced with very short maintenance intervals and high maintenance costs. There is a reason I have owned 3 Gixxers and will probably have another.

I am ashamed to admit I would not mind an 1198sp though.

My Fiancee actually wants me to get an 848 next year because it is "Pretty" If it had more than looks I would probably be all over it.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Jap bikes = More reliable. You will probably have as many electrical issues etc as you did with your ZX-6 if they are anything like they were a few years back. Better HP to weight ratio, Longer maintenance intervals. Cheaper parts and much more bang for your buck here. The girl wants me to buy a Duc next year because she thinks they are pretty. As true as that may be I think I would be ashamed and not want any of the old bike crew to see... It would be like riding a scooter..or a fat chick

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Totally old school but I always lusted for one of these - underpowered, small wheels and tires, crap electrics but I wanted one so bad back in the day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts