Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
I know this isn't from the olympics, but I really really really hope the camera man who filmed this is there...

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Everyone I know (who's also British, that is) is being so fucking.... eugh... British about the whole affair. My Facebook is littered with people moaning and complaining about the amount of money it's taken to put on the ceremony, and how they're sick of it all. IT HASNT EVEN STARTED YET YOU MISERABLE FUCKING CUNTS!!

I personally love the Olympics. I've never missed one since I've been old enough to remember them, and they signify some sort of unity and good sportsmanship to me. I really love it.

I have to say, I'm finding it increasingly hard to be patriotic these days. Your average Brit now just wants something for nothing, and to be left alone. I hate them all, despite being one as far back as my heritage goes :lol:

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
SPORT!

I've been looking forward to this summer for a while, what with the Euros and us hosting the Olympics, the best thing is that there pretty much non-stop sport on TV this summer.

The opening ceremony was awesome even if I'm tired as fuck today from watching the whole thing, but I thought they got it spot on. I'd be interested in hearing what non Brits thought about it as it was quirky as hell in parts. :lol:

My missus managed to get some tickets so I'm off to watch the football next week at Wembly. :metal:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

Hands down my favorite Motörhead song :lol:

·
should really be working.
366 Posts
The opening ceremony was awesome even if I'm tired as fuck today from watching the whole thing, but I thought they got it spot on. I'd be interested in hearing what non Brits thought about it as it was quirky as hell in parts. :lol:
I dig the games too. I just love the idea of different countries getting together to hang out and play rather than try and kill each other for a change. I thought the open was artsy fartsy but they always are. It kept me watching and I enjoyed it very much. The lights in the audience thing was pretty damn cool. Does the Queen always look so angry? ( I almost said pissed but then remebered it means something else for you guys )

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Everyone I know (who's also British, that is) is being so fucking.... eugh... British about the whole affair. My Facebook is littered with people moaning and complaining about the amount of money it's taken to put on the ceremony, and how they're sick of it all. IT HASNT EVEN STARTED YET YOU MISERABLE FUCKING CUNTS!!

I personally love the Olympics. I've never missed one since I've been old enough to remember them, and they signify some sort of unity and good sportsmanship to me. I really love it.

I have to say, I'm finding it increasingly hard to be patriotic these days. Your average Brit now just wants something for nothing, and to be left alone. I hate them all, despite being one as far back as my heritage goes :lol:
People suck like that here in the USA too. :mad:
( I almost said pissed but then remebered it means something else for you guys )
:lol:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was watching the handball today. Pretty good game. Just kicking back now watching my Aussies play Brazil in basketball. Quite a few nba players in this game. Oh and womens Beach volleyball earlier.... Enough said lol

·
MG.ORG Tubular
223 Posts
Women's beach volleyball is my new favourite spectator sport. Apart from the obvious visual appeal, the game is quite fun to watch.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Mr. S said:
Been watching the handball a bit, never watched this sport before but its fucking awesome even if GB did get destroyed. :lol:

My Polish roommate is mad into handball and got me into it last year. Really fun game to watch.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Got free tickets from a friend to see the men's 56kg and the women's 53kg weightlifting today - seriously entertaining! Here's a video I took of Om Yun Chol breaking the Olympic record and equalling the world record:

Jul 29, 2012 10:55am | Facebook

Lifted 168kg - three times his own bodyweight. Nuts. I think the commentator said he was only the 8th person to have done so, or something along those lines (EDIT: 5th, according to this).

1 - 20 of 71 Posts