Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, July 31
Paul McCartney, The Weeknd, alt-J, Alabama Shakes, Kaskade, Dillon Francis, Gary Clark Jr., Flying Lotus, Hot Chip, The War On Drugs, Father John Misty, Cold War Kids, DJ Snake, Sylvan Esso, MS MR, Tove Lo, Glass Animals, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, First Aid Kit, DJ Mustard, James Bay, BROODS, MisterWives, What So Not, SZA, Jamestown Revival, Philip Selway, Young Thug, Coasts, DESTRUCTO, BØRNS, BADBADNOTGOOD, Mighty Oaks, Bear's Den, Peking Duk, Black Pistol Fire, Spookyland, Gabriel Garzon-Montano, Kyle Thorton & The Company, The New Pacific, Daye Jack, The Pop Ups, Q Brothers, School Of Rock AllStars, The Jimmies, Mista Cookie Jar & The Chocolate Chips

Saturday, August 1
Metallica, Sam Smith, Alesso, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Brand New, Carnage, G-Eazy, Walk The Moon, Tyler The Creator, The Tallest Man On Earth, Banks, Chet Faker, Sturgill Simpson, Death From Above 1979, Toro Y Moi, Charli XCX, Django Django, Boys Noize, Delta Spirit, RL Grime, Givers, Ryn Weaver, Travi$ Scott, CAKED UP, Hermitude, Wet, HOLYCHILD, Catfish And The Bottlemen, Zella Day, Mt. Eden, Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas, SNBRN, Elle King, Beat Connection, **** Jenkins, Raury, Jack Novak, Pell, White Sea, Hippo Campus, COIN, Danny Weinkauf, School Of Rock AllStars, The Jimmies, Mista Cookie Jar & The Chocolate Chips, The Helmets

Saturday, August 2
Florence + The Machine, Bassnectar, Of Monsters And Men, A$AP Rocky, TV On The Radio, NERO, Kygo, Twenty One Pilots, Nicky Romero, Marina And The Diamonds, FKA Twigs, Lord Huron, Gogol Bordello, Stromae, ODESZA, LOGIC, The Chainsmokers, Wild Belle, Twin Peaks, Angus & Julia Stone, George Ezra, Strand Of Oaks, MOON TAXI, Shakey Graves, Galantis, Night Terrors of 1927, Alison Wonderland, Circa Waves, DMA's, Sheppard, Mako, Skylar Spence, The Wombats, Halsey, Lion Babe, Black Tiger Sex Machine, VERITE, JackLNDN, ZEBRA KATZ, The Lonely Biscuits, SirenXX, In The Whale, Atarah Valentine, The Pop Ups, Danny Weinkauf, Motown Pete, Q Brothers, School Of Rock AllStars
And now, the bands I've actually heard of:

Friday, July 31
Paul McCartney

Saturday, August 1
Metallica

Saturday, August 2
Seriously who the fuck are all of these bands? :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I _think_ I've heard of Tyler the Creator, it sounds familiar. So does Gogol Bordello at a second look, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they sound like, or even what vague genre they would be. Dance music, I guess? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I would like to add to the list of bands I heard of:

Florence and the Machine.

Other than that... no fucking clue.
Yeah, them, and, unfortunately, Hot Chip (some insufferable hipster turds).

If there's a more poe-faced recent pop band than Florence and the Machine, I've yet to encounter them. Bag of shite.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I've heard about 2 of those. Gogol Bordello play some kind of gypsy punk. I saw a bit of one of their gigs at a festival here about 10 years ago. Angus and Julia Stone play hipster coffee shop music.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
The other artists sort of make me wonder what Metallica are doing there...
"Hey guys, we've got two of the biggest names in rock music, and 500 douchebags you've never heard of, nor ever will, again!"

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
You all disgust me, I don't know a single name out of that shitty fuckfest.

I knew a band called Metallica once, but....

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:dgaf:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I _think_ I've heard of Tyler the Creator, it sounds familiar. So does Gogol Bordello at a second look, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they sound like, or even what vague genre they would be. Dance music, I guess? :lol:
Gogol Bordello is like weird gypsy ska/reggae. I've heard of them but don't really love them. To that list, I can add:

Florence + The Machine - sort of a weird fit here. Chick with an ethereal voice (she can sing her ass off, actually) with sort of weird ambient rock behind her
Shakey Graves - I have a friend who really likes this guy. Think like a shittier Jack Johnson or G Love, based on what I can tell.
The Wombats - not 100% sure of these guys, but I think they're a 90's ska band. Probably 3rd wave, maybe 2nd.

Scanning the first two days... Cold War Kids are ok, occasionally good, but you'd hate them. Kid Cudi is a rapper I know a lot of people who like. I just know the name. Also, I'm guessing "School of Rock AllStars," considering they close every night, is probably a performance group from something called the School of Rock. Maybe a real-life tie in to the Jack Black movie? That's just a guess, though.

Other than that... I know maybe 5% of that list tops. :lol: Can ANYONE play Lollapalooza, or am I just that out of the loop?

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Kid cudi is pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts