Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Absolutely love the finish work on that, but that body shape will never be my thing.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a love it or hate it type thing. I love the shape, but I can see why some don’t.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Beard has wanted one of these forever, so maybe this will be an impetus for him to finally grab one.

The 80s ones are really cool, but I don't know about that nutsy Moog wiring/pickups config on some of them.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I’m not typically a big fan of gold hardware, but it works on this finish. It’s already a bitch to keep clean, though.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Looks nice!

Interesting how they deviated so much from the specs of the original '70s guitars. Those are just brutal--maple body/neck, ebony board, 25.5" scale. This looks a little more traditional Gibson-style.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'm a fan of that finish with that body type :yesway:

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah they have basically made this more “Gibson” than the originals. I wouldn’t mind the 25.5” scale, but honestly you can keep the 12lb all maple construction and that rats nest of Moog electronics. Lol. This only weighs between 8-9lbs.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
These are way more my style than the silverburst ones from a few years ago with the baseball necks. I really don't need another guitar though :lol:

Anyway looks sick man :yesway:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Grats, man! That looks absolutely sweet.

I agree with Jeff on the gold hardware; it just works.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
The 80s ones are really cool, but I don't know about that nutsy Moog wiring/pickups config on some of them.
Most people used to rip them out. They probably don't anymore, though, with what those go for.

I always liked these guitars from the first time I saw Bob Welch with one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts