Metalguitarist.org banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I'm looking for one of those too. There's an Edwards one out there that's awesome, but again wrong headstock logo.
Yeah but the Edwards logo is cool in its own way, since it's import-only.
Exactly, at least with Edwards you can get all the features they can't legally sell to the rest of the world. Because you actively have to seek them out, it doesn't feel like something you just settled for, to me.

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
I'm looking for one of those too. There's an Edwards one out there that's awesome, but again wrong headstock logo. :lol:
I thought you already had one of those years ago that turned out to be a total dog?

To be honest, I've never been that impressed with the thin-bodied Eclipses.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I thought you already had one of those years ago that turned out to be a total dog?

I had one that had a warped/twisted neck that no amount of truss rod tooling could possibly repair. The guitar was awesome otherwise. When I returned it to Guitar Center they hung it right back up on the wall and put the New tag back on it. :mad:

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I'm looking for one of those too. There's an Edwards one out there that's awesome, but again wrong headstock logo.

I want to like Eclipses because their features are more geared towards me (Mahogany body, maple cap, maple neck, ebony board, modern look), but I just can't get passed the fact that the rear 'circle' behind the waist cut looks much larger then the front. And yeah, the thinner body is not appealing.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I want to like Eclipses because their features are more geared towards me (Mahogany body, maple cap, maple neck, ebony board, modern look), but I just can't get passed the fact that the rear 'circle' behind the waist cut looks much larger then the front. And yeah, the thinner body is not appealing.
I personally really like the Eclipse's thinness, it fixes what I don't like about LP's. BUt they do make Eclipse Traditionals, with thicker bodies and no belly cut.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think the Eclipse isn't meant to compete with the Les Paul, they're just guitars with a similar shape. They're thinner/lighter/shreddier. I'd love another one and this damn thread's going to make me overpay for one, I know it. :lol:

I'm regretting not grabbing that Edwards now, it was only like a grand.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
I think the Eclipse isn't meant to compete with the Les Paul, they're just guitars with a similar shape. They're thinner/lighter/shreddier. I'd love another one and this damn thread's going to make me overpay for one, I know it. :lol:

I'm regretting not grabbing that Edwards now, it was only like a grand.
Tone-wise I'm sure I'd like the thicker body more, but I find the thin Eclipse way more comfortable than an LP (that's one of the main reasons I got the SG). It probably wouldn't be a huge deal if I was skinnier. :lol:

I've only played one Edwards but loved it. They've been on my bucket list for a while. I really dig all the crazy stuff you can get on the Japanese market.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This one's more like Page's, except there's just no way I can swing $4100 past the missus, without getting a black eye or two:

I have always lusted after one like that to fulfil my Helmet fanboy fantasies but $4100 is just so much for that when regular horizons are less than half the price!

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I have always lusted after one like that to fulfil my Helmet fanboy fantasies but $4100 is just so much for that when regular horizons are less than half the price!
If you watch sites like ishibashi or yahoo auctions you can get them for like 1-2k if you are not fixed on what pickups, finish, inlays, headstock they have.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts