Metalguitarist.org banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Kirk still sucks, and George still has dogshit tone. But at least George A. finally accepted he's old as fuck and stopped dyeing his hair, and B. he's still a monster fucking player.

I know, all the LTD1000 have SS frets.
Thats what I said. :idea:

I think you misunderstood what I wrote

If you read again: the more expensive E-II series does NOT have SS frets on all models.
But the LTD 1000 has.

It makes no sense.

Again, to be CLEAR:

LTD 1000 series = SS frets on everything now
E-II series = NOT SS frets, only on certain models

Makes no sense since they cost more money and should have more premium features...
stainless steel isn't a premium feature. It's a different feature.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts

This video is way cooler playing wise. Amazing how one guitar can make a difference in tone.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
wait, they're re-releasing the KH-3? Gotta be real, 13-year-old me would be super hyped, but alas I don't think I'd be willing to drop that many bones on one these days.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
stainless steel isn't a premium feature. It's a different feature.
Of course its a luxury.

It lets your guitars stay in shape for way longer than regular frets.

My most played guitar (a Warmoth) showed a lot wear only after 2 years of playing it about every day.

After I got a new Warmoth neck with SS frets, the frets are in perfect condition after almost 6 years!!!

So its definitely premium feature!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Of course its a luxury.

It lets your guitars stay in shape for way longer than regular frets.

My most played guitar (a Warmoth) showed a lot wear only after 2 years of playing it about every day.

After I got a new Warmoth neck with SS frets, the frets are in perfect condition after almost 6 years!!!

So its definitely premium feature!
It's not a premium feature for someone who doesn't like how they feel or sound.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
It's not a premium feature for someone who doesn't like how they feel or sound.
To the surprise of nobody, spec sheet warriors don't get that people can prefer regular frets. I was watching one of those short ESP vids they uploaded earlier on their channel and some idiot was gonig on about stainless steel frets there too.

·
ESP / Ibanez
2,579 Posts
This. 1000% this. I would own like 5 E-IIs right now if they said ESP on the headstock. I know it's a stupid ass reason but the kid in me grew up wanting a damn ESP, not an E-II or an LTD.
It used to bother me....especially the "LTD" which kept me away for years...decades. But with the "E-II" logo, I actually really like it. I love the fact that it says "ESP" on the 12th fret as an inlay. Definitely better than the "LTD".

I absolutely love my E-II, there is no looking back. It took years but I feel like I've found the perfect guitar. Yes, the ESP logo would be better but there is something about the E-II (in person, especially) that looks really slick to me.

That said, I've been very impressed some of the new ESP E-II models.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
To the surprise of nobody, spec sheet warriors don't get that people can prefer regular frets. I was watching one of those short ESP vids they uploaded earlier on their channel and some idiot was gonig on about stainless steel frets there too.
I mean, I dig stainless steel; I just ordered a new neck with it. But I'm going to get one of the new Zach Myers SE's, which is regular nickel. Don't really care.

Some people actively don't like SS frets, which is fine too.

If you'd like a MIJ Kiesel here's your chance. :ugh:

:flame: :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know, all the LTD1000 have SS frets.
Thats what I said. :idea:

I think you misunderstood what I wrote

If you read again: the more expensive E-II series does NOT have SS frets on all models.
But the LTD 1000 has.

It makes no sense.

Again, to be CLEAR:

LTD 1000 series = SS frets on everything now
E-II series = NOT SS frets, only on certain models

Makes no sense since they cost more money and should have more premium features...
Exactly!

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I was considering a Josh Middleton as a cheap tour guitar to store in Germany and leave my proper ESP's at home. Justification being 'why pay £326 a year for the 'privilege' of moving gear across borders, when I can store and re-sell when they're no longer needed'.

Turns out the 'cheap' Ltd has a UK price of £1450. Hahahahaha........no.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts