Metalguitarist.org banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
only 2 guitars with sharktooth inlays and both are GRGs. not that I hate cheap guitars, I love em, but it perpetuates my disappointment in the shift away from my big ugly inlays over the years. :(

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Ibanez has been really good at dropping the ball these past few years.

Those new 7's are cool. I'd never buy one but something different for being a Japanese build.

I don't understand why no one and I mean no one at Ibanez didn't jump on making a RGA 7 String MIJ like Broderick had. I know they released that half-assed one in Japan with the crappy pickups but otherwise it was killer.
Those would have sold so well.

And why hasn't a new Universe been made either?

EDIT: Definitely would have gotten a Reb copy if it wasn't a Premium.

·
Super Moderator
23,420 Posts
That happened about 6 months ago mate :lol: Same as the RG bass.
:lol:

I just don't keep up with Ibanez anymore. The only Ibby I've kept since my RG-Days is the SR500 bass.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
The RG565 is selling for 999€ over here - which I'd say is a pretty great deal for a MIJ Ibanez.
This too. I'd take the Orange one.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
The blue PGMM is really the only thing that looks interesting to me.

I want this baaaaad
When I saw this I thought that's just a 7-string GIO, how could you possibly want that, but then I checked and it's actually a Prestige. :lol:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
The blue PGMM is really the only thing that looks interesting to me.

When I saw this I thought that's just a 7-string GIO, how could you possibly want that, but then I checked and it's actually a Prestige. :lol:
To be honest it almost looks like a copy lol.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I don't understand why no one and I mean no one at Ibanez didn't jump on making a RGA 7 String MIJ like Broderick had. I know they released that half-assed one in Japan with the crappy pickups but otherwise it was killer.
Those would have sold so well.
The RGA472Z was a really great model. Sure it's not EXACTLY the LACS Broderick had (had a better trem at least) but it was awesome. It also didn't sell well.

The RGA series are semi back and it's nice Jake Bowen and JB from ABR are the sig ambassadors, but they're just not as popular as their internet status claims to be. I will say they're doing better than the S series (their current selection is pretty woeful), but let's face it: people think and wish they want an RGA (or S, or even the FR), but deep down inside they just want another RG.

I can't talk myself. I'd want another S, but my S540 stands alone in my 13 RG pile. :lol:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
The RGA472Z was a really great model. Sure it's not EXACTLY the LACS Broderick had (had a better trem at least) but it was awesome. It also didn't sell well.

The RGA series are semi back and it's nice Jake Bowen and JB from ABR are the sig ambassadors, but they're just not as popular as their internet status claims to be. I will say they're doing better than the S series (their current selection is pretty woeful), but let's face it: people think and wish they want an RGA (or S, or even the FR), but deep down inside they just want another RG.

I can't talk myself. I'd want another S, but my S540 stands alone in my 13 RG pile. :lol:
Can you find those RGA 7's anywhere?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Long since discontinued so you won't find them outside the used avenues like Reverb (saw 2 there, one from Isihibashi).
Had a rather unpleasant dealing with Ishibashi just now unfortunately. I bought that Ibanez off of them a couple of weeks ago. Nice guitar, fast shipping but the worst case of fret sprout I've seen in ~30 years playing guitar. I could saw a tree in half with the thing. I contacted them about it, politely saying that the guitar is lovely but 100% needs about $100 in fret work. I wasn't rude at all, just said "hey, look at this thing, this is not as advertised, can we work something out?".

They flat out told me that I could ship it back at my own expense and eat the customs charge (~150 or so in customs and another $100 or so for shipping), or go fuck myself.

I'll never buy anything from them again.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Had a rather unpleasant dealing with Ishibashi just now unfortunately. I bought that Ibanez off of them a couple of weeks ago. Nice guitar, fast shipping but the worst case of fret sprout I've seen in ~30 years playing guitar. I could saw a tree in half with the thing. I contacted them about it, politely saying that the guitar is lovely but 100% needs about $100 in fret work. I wasn't rude at all, just said "hey, look at this thing, this is not as advertised, can we work something out?".

They flat out told me that I could ship it back at my own expense and eat the customs charge (~150 or so in customs and another $100 or so for shipping), or go fuck myself.

I'll never buy anything from them again.
Wow that's super disappointing. Maybe they've gotten too big for their britches.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Slightly OT, but I was in Guitar Center over the weekend and picked up a couple Prestige RG’s in the platinum room. I was blown the fuck away. They felt like they were built like tanks, flawless finish and fretwork. I’ve played dozens of MIJ JEM’s and RG’s over the years, but never felt one that felt as sturdy and finished as well as these were. I didn’t pay attention to the model numbers, one had Fishman’s and the other had Bareknuckle’s.

I wish my JEM felt like one of those guitars. I had kind of given up on the idea of buying a newer Ibanez for quite some time, but after playing those two guitars, my opinion has certainly changed.

21 - 40 of 120 Posts