5,675 Posts
:(

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
:srv: ?!

:squint:

:(

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was 8, so I do not. What do you remember about it?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I was fifteen, and completely gutted. I had to wait until I was old enough to drive to go to concerts, and it destroyed me they I never got to see him. :(

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I was 9, and didn't pick up the guitar until 15. I don't remember ever knowing about SRV when he wasn't dead. :(

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
:lol: Man, I'm so fucking old! :lol:

I would have been 21. I was travelling for business and had just checked into the Detroit Metro Airport Hilton. I had turned the TV on while I was unpacking my bag and it came over the news. I immediately sat down on the end of the bed to watch the story, a 1000 yard stare on my mug.

:holy:

One of the few moments in my life that I remember so vividly. I didn't think I was THAT big a fan but it really hit me. Stevie had just come out of a very tough period and was one of the few that actually seemed to have gotten better and more refined when sober. It was tragic because it seemed some of the best music was likley still ahead of him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Truly a tragic loss. One of the best, if not the best ever!!!

Great video link as he absolutely decimated the stage with this performance!!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About a month ago, I spent a nice full night jamming along with some of my SRV albums. Shit is fun as hell to figure out and play along to. Once I'm done unpacking/cleaning, I will probably hit it again.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I was eating breakfast before going off to work, and I heard the news on Good Morning America. I didn't freak out about it, but what a bummer.

Where it hits me the most is that I had about a zillion chances to see him play live, and never got around to it.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I was eating breakfast before going off to work, and I heard the news on Good Morning America. I didn't freak out about it, but what a bummer.
Yeah, same here. It was definitely sad, though, and I remember DC101 playing a crapload of his stuff that day, at least while I was in the office.

Where it hits me the most is that I had about a zillion chances to see him play live, and never got around to it.
Fortunately, I did see him twice. :yesway:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news.
Me too. Don't remember the name of the store in the mall (since they change so often) but was at Bay Park Square in Green Bay with my girlfriend (now my wife). She was shopping for clothes & I was there being the "good boyfriend". The radio playing in the store announced the accident & that SRV had died. I just remember my jaw dropping & saying "Oh man" in that slow, shocked voice. My girlfriend asked me what was wrong & I told her. Of course she had no clue who he was. But that put a damper on the whole day. The local radio station played a lot of SRV the next couple of days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts