Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$999. No native HDMI though, and from what I can tell, single-source. :\

Apple - LED Cinema Display

27-inch (diagonal viewable image size) thin film transistor (TFT) active-matrix liquid crystal display with in-plane switching (IPS).

Supported resolutions: 2560 by 1440 pixels, 1920 by 1080 pixels, 1280 by 720 pixels
Colors (maximum): 16.7 million
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Viewing angle: 178° horizontal; 178° vertical
Brightness (typical): 375 cd/m2
Contrast ratio (typical): 1000:1
Response time (typical): 12 ms

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Connections on it are certainly better.

High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
2 Digital Visual Interface connectors (DVI-D) with HDCP
DisplayPort (DP)
Video Graphics Array (VGA)
Component Video
Composite Video
1 USB 2.0 upstream port
4 USB 2.0 downstream ports
8 in 1 Media reader
DC power connector for Dell Soundbar

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Is it just me, or does a 1000:1 contrast ratio sound a bit shit?
BenQ G2420HDBL 24" Widescreen LED Monitor - Black [9H.L3XLB.QBE] 24" LCD

LED Backlit
- Screen Size: 24" Widescreen
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Contrast Ratio: 5000000:1
- Brightness: 250cd/m²
- Response Time: 5ms
- Viewing Angles (H/V): 170°/160°
- Colours: 16.7 Million
- Inputs: 1x Analogue & 1x DVI-D
- VESA Compliant
- Dimensions: 570.0mm x 412.6mm x 183.9mm
- Weight: 4.4kg
- Warranty: 3 Years On-Site
Compared to that one that I have, it certainly does :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Connections on it are certainly better.
The Cinema Display for some reason has a problem with the newer crop of Radeon cards when attempting to connect it to a non-Mac PC.

Might not look as fancy, but I think I'd rather have the Dell U2711 instead.
This is the solution for PC users, plus you can get it for around 880 shipped on eBay. Friend of mine returned his Cinema Display when it was found incompatible with his Radeon 5870 and got the Dell, loves it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The Cinema Display for some reason has a problem with the newer crop of Radeon cards when attempting to connect it to a non-Mac PC.

This is the solution for PC users, plus you can get it for around 880 shipped on eBay. Friend of mine returned his Cinema Display when it was found incompatible with his Radeon 5870 and got the Dell, loves it.
Yeah, for Win or Linux users the Dell's a better bet. For Mac users though the Cinema Display is the way to go, IMO, since it does the power, USB, iSight, etc.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Kagami said:
If your mac has a mini displayport, that is...if not...don't bother
True. That's ever Mac for the last two years though.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
It has always confused me that Apple monitors tend to be so lacking in features. I guess they don't really like the idea of people using them with anything other than Macs.

Every contrast ratio EVER has been shit.

HH251 represent. :wub:
Mine's an HH281, but close enough. :wub: Awesome monitor, but I just wish it could handle 16:9 inputs more appropriately. :(

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Tom said:
It has always confused me that Apple monitors tend to be so lacking in features. I guess they don't really like the idea of people using them with anything other than Macs.

Every contrast ratio EVER has been shit.

HH251 represent. :wub:
Mine's an HH281, but close enough. :wub: Awesome monitor, but I just wish it could handle 16:9 inputs more appropriately. :(
Quite true, but that's the Steve Jobs Way. I don't think he cares if pc users like his displays or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.