Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pretty Oblivious
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this blood red beauty back in the beginning of October, but never really got around to doing an NGD for it. Got it for a steal too.

Anyway, It's a Warlock NT in absolutely FLAWLESS shape, upgraded with an EMG HZ Alexi Laiho ALX pup in the bridge, wired with the push-pull 3 band EQ boost, (it's really like a 3 band gain boost actually) and an H4 in the neck. now i know generally passive EMGs are god awful, but this pair isn't bad AT ALL. with the gain boost on, this thing really rips and squeals, it makes the bridge insanely hot. (sorry for potato pics), not sure why they're so fuzzy.

This pic doesn't do any justice to show how nice this Ebony board is.

None of these pictures show how nice this guitar actually is, literally still looks like it just came off the line, no dust, no marks, anything, which is odd for a pointy guitar. I've always loved "Blood Red" warlocks with the black trim. it's also actually darker red than the pictures show.
specs;
Neck-through construction
Mahogany body
Grover tuners
Maple neck wood
Ebony fretboard
MOP Diamond inlay
25.5" scale
12" neck radius
24 jumbo frets
Tune-o-matic bridge
Push-pull coil-tap on the tone control pot
Black hardware.

Other than the insanely thin strings still on it (but make vibrato and harmonics super easy) this thing rips, super comfortable to play, sounds amazing, not too heavy, etc. sweet as hell.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
HNGD!!:metal:

I love Warlocks! While I'm not a big fan of those headstocks, it's a badass axe and that red is f'n awesome!:facemelt:

·
Pretty Oblivious
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! I actually really wanted to snag one of those when they came out. They weren't in production long and I have yet to see one used.
Yeah man, it really is a super nice guitar, plays better than any other Warlock I've played, and a lot of high end value for the price you're paying (other than the stock pups) if you ever end up coming across one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Yeah man, it really is a super nice guitar, plays better than any other Warlock I've played, and a lot of high end value for the price you're paying (other than the stock pups) if you ever end up coming across one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
Funny enough, I just seen one on used.guitarcenter.com for $299. I just got some stuff fixed on my ride though and I doubt i'll have the cash in time.

·
Pretty Oblivious
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny enough, I just seen one on used.guitarcenter.com for $299. I just got some stuff fixed on my ride though and I doubt i'll have the cash in time.
That sucks, I'll let you know if I ever think of selling this one. :metal:

·
Pinnacle to the Pit
485 Posts
Awesome! I've got the exact same one. Got it about 2 years ago new from Musiansfriend on sale for $400. Great guitar.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Awesome looking guitar, but come on, man, replace those crappy pickups. Not bad doesn't mean good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts