Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Badass that it was for charity.. but REALLY?! Maybe if this was 1989 and he still had some sort of chops I could see it LOL!

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - METALLICA Fan Pays $35,000 For One-Hour Drum Lesson, Lunch With LARS ULRICH

A one-hour private drumming lesson from METALLICA's Lars Ulrich attracted a winning bid of $35,000 as part of a fundraising drive for Andre Agassi's charity.

"Lars will begin your unbelievable day with a tour of METALLICA headquarters, which includes METALLICA's recording studio, rehearsal space and home of their fan club, website and merchandise department. Once inside the studio, you will have the privilege of receiving a one-hour private drumming lesson from one of the greatest drummers of all time. After Lars shows you a thing or two, you and your guest will join him for a private lunch. Almost too extraordinary to believe!

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
"Right, so, fucking... Here's a picture of me playing Dyer's Eve. I can't play it for you right now, because my balls are too big... Here's a picture of me with the founder of Napster. Like, two minutes after this was taken I was taint deep in his mom.

Okay, now we'll learn the basics of Unforgiven II. What? No, we can't talk about Orion!... Fuck! No, not Battery, either!

You know what, you're a little pissant, you know that? I don't think you realize how little $35000 is for me! I could pick $35000 out of my ass hair after a day without showering! In Denmark they've made a statue of my nipples, you fuck! My fucking nipples! You.... fucking...

Yeah, we can talk about St. Anger, fuck yeah!"

·
Registered
133 Posts
One question. Co-founder of one of the biggest metal bands in the history gives one day of his life for your charity organization. How would YOU describe this day and how would you describe HIM? Would you write all these things you wrote in this thread? You really believe that doing so would take you ANYWHERE close to the millions that were raised with similar auctions? Good luck with that.

As for 35k - things are worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them. If somebody wanted to donate 35k to charity for spending a day with me, I would do it as well. Not because I would think it's "worth" that much, but because I just need to spend one day for a good cause. Easy decision.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
One question. Co-founder of one of the biggest metal bands in the history gives one day of his life for your charity organization. How would YOU describe this day and how would you describe HIM? Would you write all these things you wrote in this thread? You really believe that doing so would take you ANYWHERE close to the millions that were raised with similar auctions? Good luck with that.

As for 35k - things are worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them. If somebody wanted to donate 35k to charity for spending a day with me, I would do it as well. Not because I would think it's "worth" that much, but because I just need to spend one day for a good cause. Easy decision.
I don't think anybody is criticizing Lars for doing something for charity. It's certainly admirable to see influential people use their popular capital for more than gold-plated shark bars.

Oh, wait, you can't read this, can you? :cool: :wub:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Personally, if this was something I had won in a contest, i'd take it. But i'd get to Metallica HQ and be like "FUCK the lesson, lemme play with these millions of amps floating around!"

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
"Right, so, fucking... Here's a picture of me playing Dyer's Eve. I can't play it for you right now, because my balls are too big... Here's a picture of me with the founder of Napster. Like, two minutes after this was taken I was taint deep in his mom.

Okay, now we'll learn the basics of Unforgiven II. What? No, we can't talk about Orion!... Fuck! No, not Battery, either!

You know what, you're a little pissant, you know that? I don't think you realize how little $35000 is for me! I could pick $35000 out of my ass hair after a day without showering! In Denmark they've made a statue of my nipples, you fuck! My fucking nipples! You.... fucking...

Yeah, we can talk about St. Anger, fuck yeah!"
HOLY SHIT :rofl:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.