Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am Capt. Can't Figure Things Out for Himself, and I'll be your guide for this post.

So I have this 360 Arcade sitting here.... But I don't know what to do with it. I use the PS3 for all of the multiplatform games I'm interested in, so I'm just trying to sort out which 360 exclusives are worth playing.

I'm currently attempting to find an English copy of Mass Effect for a reasonable price - EB is selling it used for $28, so screw that. I also have the Gears of War series in my sights, and maybe Fable. I know that there's Splinter Cell: Conviction, but I'm not really in the mood for that right now.

Beyond those, I'm at a loss. Halp?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
COD4 is worth a playthrough, although it's not an Xbox exclusive.

Forza 3 if you like realistic driving.

Fallout 3 and/or Dragon Age: Origins. Oblivion. Dunno how many of those are 360-only though.

Mass Effect 1 + 2 and Gears of War 1 and 2 are definitely good choices.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, gents. I (well, actually my gf) found a copy of Mass Effect 1 for $15, tax in, so that's where I'll start.

I've got DA:O on the PS3, so that's already covered.

Forza needs to come down in price a bit on the used market before it becomes viable, but I'll put it on "the list."

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Fable II is a great game, and Fable III is just around the corner. I'd get Fable 2 so you're ready for Fable III :lol:

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MASSSSS
EFFECCCCTTT
Got it earlier today, dude. :D

Although I'm not sure how to sort out the character transfer issues when MA2 is released for the PS3. I'd rather buy that, with all of the included DLC, than the 360 version without it. Hopefully the default Shepard in the PS3 version won't suck.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dude, no. Play it on the same system. Trust me, you'll want to keep your decisions. Don't let some peripheral DLC sway you.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Dude, no. Play it on the same system. Trust me, you'll want to keep your decisions. Don't let some peripheral DLC sway you.
I don't think I can post enough :agreed: smileys to stress how strongly I :agreed: with this statement.

The DLCs so far are all kinda bleh, and no way are they worth giving up your Shep from ME1. Not only do you lose some decision factors, but you start out with more cash in ME2 with a save (based on level) and you keep your character's appearance too.

Believe me when I tell you it's fucking cool as hell seeing your ME1 character in ME2 with the exact same features, and those features (without giving you any spoilers), uh, change depend on how you play ME2. It's awesome.

Edit: Also, when I first played ME1, I thought it was horrible and boring as hell for the first like 3 hours (I even posted a thread about it). Then I played through it entirely 3 times in a row. Then I played through ME2 twice. :lol: One of the best games ever, imo.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think I can post enough :agreed: smileys to stress how strongly I :agreed: with this statement.

The DLCs so far are all kinda bleh, and no way are they worth giving up your Shep from ME1. Not only do you lose some decision factors, but you start out with more cash in ME2 with a save (based on level) and you keep your character's appearance too.

Believe me when I tell you it's fucking cool as hell seeing your ME1 character in ME2 with the exact same features, and those features (without giving you any spoilers), uh, change depend on how you play ME2. It's awesome.

Edit: Also, when I first played ME1, I thought it was horrible and boring as hell for the first like 3 hours (I even posted a thread about it). Then I played through it entirely 3 times in a row. Then I played through ME2 twice. :lol: One of the best games ever, imo.
Point thoroughly taken. My gf is playing DA:O right now, but I'll hook up the 360 once she's done.

My mass is already feeling pretty effected.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Console hooked up, Mass Effect in, just waiting for my girlfriend to come back to start things up. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Remember, ME is not very exciting/cool until you get past the beginning shit. When you're running along the bridge defusing bombs thinking "what the fuck, this sniper rifle sucks and I'm getting shit on by every AI enemy out there", trust me, it gets WAY WAY WAY WAY better.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Another vote for Forza! I prefer 2 over 3, but they're both awesome simulation racing games. And again, more votes for Fable and Gears of War.

Here are my suggestions to add:
Crackdown - You can probably find it cheap, but the game is simple, and a blast to play. It was the first game to make me a total achievement whore. There's an achievement for juggling a car with a rocket launcher... Fuck yes. And god knows how many hours i spent hunting for power orbs... (the more powerful you get, the move insane shit you can do for maximum destructive force)

Dead Rising - ZOMBIES!

Ninety Nine Nights - seems to have a bad rep... But I liked it.

Prey - Pretty basic FPS, but some awesome environments, weapons, and abilities.

Oh, and if you haven't played it on either console: The Darkness. One of the few games I haven't traded in because I liked it so much. Great story, and your demon snake things rip peoples hearts out and eat them for power. :metal:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Crackdown was fun as fuck, especially if you got your agility WAY up early on :D Dead Rising can be fun, but it can also be a major pain in the nuts if you dick around.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts