Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been keeping my band whoring on the down low and I've held back for as long as I could, but....

Taken from 4ARM // THE OFFICIAL 4SITE

Feb 15

4ARM have commenced writing new material for their upcoming album, the follow up to their 2010 release "The Empires of Death". All that can be revealed at this stage is that the next record will be 4ARM's heaviest, thrashiest and best produced to date.

Mar 28

Pre-production on the new record has finished and by all accounts it is already beyond expectations. On the 25th of April, tracking for the final product will commence. Two internationally-acclaimed engineers have been secured for the mixing and mastering, the names of which the band are keeping close to their chests until the much-anticipated release date is known.

April 27 (yeah 2 days after announced date :lol:)

We've begun tracking drums!

As you can tell I'm pretty rapt about it. I'll be updating this with more pics as the days go by.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude that's sounding badass! :metal: That studio looks comfy as hell too. :yesway:
Thanks Chris! Being a man with thrash in your blood, I'm glad you like it. :wub:

We've used that very same studio for our last 2 albums. It's great as we're good friends with the owner and it's only 10 minutes from our houses.

This was a previous result recorded in 2008:

The preproduction vid pretty much used the same gear as our last album, but this one's gonna be very very different. :metal:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
This is actually fairly cool. :metal:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Already begun through vocal parts. It's sounding enormous already. :metal:

We even went through all the extra guitars, lead, cleans, solos, acoustics, the lot, finished today.

Vocals and whatever extra recording will be finished next week.

This is actually fairly cool. :metal:
Thanks Drew! :yesway:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're done recording! Actually... we were done yesterday. :lol:

Now, the waiting game:

Taken from our Facebook page

After a month locked away in the studios of Melbourne Records with engineer Ren Parisi, 4ARM have finished recording their upcoming album. The tracks will be sent to London where the mixing duties will be handled by Matt Hyde (All Hope is Gone, The Blackening, The Crusade). Check real in soon as the title for the album and track listing will be revealed as well as release dates etc......

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been fairly quiet, but we've only got this update from our Facebook page for now:

Album Update: After 3 weeks in the safe hands of Matt Hyde in London the album is now been passed on to Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound for Mastering. Artwork is almost complete should have some teasers up for you shortly.

So yeah... :lol: We will have some sound clip samples for your listening pleasure. :D

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, we've finally got an update! :D

Taken from 4ARM // THE OFFICIAL 4SITE

July 18, 2011
The Low Down from Danny Tomb

Hey guys, Danny Tomb of 4ARM here. Just checkin' in to give everyone a bit of a run down on our new Album 'Submission for Liberty.' Basically **** and I began writing material back in August of 2010, we knew we wanted everything to be heavier, sometimes faster and more melodic. We concentrated a lot on the flow of the material -not just on a specific song but as an album in it's entirety. We adapted a very simple strategy: WE WILL NOT SETTLE!! Everything on the new album is there by design, it's there on purpose... each pick of the strings, each section of music and each song. We wanted to write an album that had the same kind of feel to it that the great thrash albums of old, like "Puppets", "Rust in Peace", but in order to do that you had to look at why those albums are what they are.... Timeless!!!!! The music on 'Submission for Liberty' is not the kind of music that you "listen" to, but the kind of music you "FEEL". You can't just hear energy and ferocity, you can FEEL it.... The album from start to finish is a musical journey, which was something we strived to do.

What the album is about????? In a nut shell, the only way to have liberty is to first submit to the will of your government and only then can you be "free". So many minds have been conditioned to believe that we are free -though it is a lie, for we are as free as they allow us to be... pay this, pay that, license for this and that, work, work, work, make them rich while the majority of us can't even afford to eat properly. Vote for this like that and blah blah blah. We are slaves to the corporate bullshit and government... Voices fade in the distance and are never really heard, so don't you dare dream or strive to succeed.....

So after throwing ideas back and forth, **** and I had finally knuckled out 10 songs that fit the description of what we wanted to capture for our 3rd album. The only other thing we needed to ensure was that the production level of the album was just as BIG sounding as 'anything' out there, and I mean ANYTHING! We listened to all our favorite sounding albums and knew what we had to do.. You all know by now we secured UK's Matt Hyde and USA's Ted Jenson -two of the best engineers this planet has ever seen, and damn did they live up to it.

By May 2011 we were ready to begin tracking the album, in which for the 3rd time we would use Ren Perisi of Melbourne Records. Recording sessions were intense, we were all constantly under each others scrutiny though it brought out the best in all of us. 1st track of the album, a piano piece that would set the mood for what was to come. Track 2, a nearly 8 minute long epic that covers all bases. I don't want to give away too much just yet but track 3 has been likend to 'a musical kick in the balls'. Track after track of this album is relentless.

Sounds for the album also had to be right, we had to have thickness in the guitars not just heavy but fat and clear. A nice warm, smooth though pounding bass, and massive drums. Vocals were intense, though none of us ever sounded so good... so ready. Fast forward to June, I wont go into too much detail for obvious reasons but Matt Hyde works his 'magic' on all the tracks, and we know that the production we were searching for wasn't far away!

July 2011 we would receive the masters of an album that we hold our heads up high about.It's an accomplishment, an achievement of mammoth proportions. I can't wait for you all to hear it, and we can all share in the journey together.

So to all of you that share a love for metal and thrashing times, Submission for Liberty is coming your way soon.......very soon!

Cheers, Danny \m/ >< \m/

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Holy shit! Awesome stuff man! For some reason it sounds like a perfect mix of old school (I mean really old) Metallica mixed with old Anthrax, but with better guitar solos.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tracklist has now been revealed:

Tracklisting:
1. Sinn Mact Frei
2. While I Lie Awake
3. Raise A Fist
4. Submission For Liberty
5. The Oppressed
6. I Will Not Bow
7. Taken Down
8. My Fathers Eyes
9. The Warning
10. Blood Of Martyrs

Holy shit! Awesome stuff man! For some reason it sounds like a perfect mix of old school (I mean really old) Metallica mixed with old Anthrax, but with better guitar solos.
Wow, that's an awesome compliment. Thanks man! We've had plenty of positive feedback all pointing towards classic thrash greats, and I'm really glad you like the solo, as there were some very difficult moments I had just writing the leads. :yesway:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I take take it, "Sinn Mact Frei" is supposed to be for "Sin Makes Free"? If yes, why not do "Sinn Machst Du Frei" although you guys might get backlash for that given how close it would be to the "Arbeitet Machst Du Frei" slogan from concentration camps :ugh:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I take take it, "Sinn Mact Frei" is supposed to be for "Sin Makes Free"? If yes, why not do "Sinn Machst Du Frei" although you guys might get backlash for that given how close it would be to the "Arbeitet Machst Du Frei" slogan from concentration camps :ugh:
The title was chosen by our bassist who's half Austrian so I won't object his intentions and believe that there was a purpose for it. The whole album revolves around a main theme that it fits in.

Besides, it's just a short intro track. :lol: :cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts