Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing some old Sabbath stuff tonight on the aforementioned '91 SG Special. You guys who know what you are doing might look at '57 Les Paul pickups. That guitar sounds so good. Maybe the new issues are not the same. Of course, I think that the SG has a sound anyway. I am always amazed at that guitar.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I had an Epiphone Tribute Plus model for a while (recently shipped it off to my dad), and it came with the 57+ pickups, which I think are the same as those but with a touch hotter bridge. I liked them better than the Dirty Fingers that came stock in my ~'06 Gibson Les Paul!

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The 57+ is the best pickup Gibson makes, but I've never been that into their modern pickups. The old T-Tops never bothered me back in the day, but that was back before we thought about that stuff! :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I had an Epiphone Tribute Plus model for a while (recently shipped it off to my dad), and it came with the 57+ pickups, which I think are the same as those but with a touch hotter bridge. I liked them better than the Dirty Fingers that came stock in my ~'06 Gibson Les Paul!
I always dug the bridge pickup in that guitar, but hated it in the neck.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I always dug the bridge pickup in that guitar, but hated it in the neck.
It has that "60's taper" or whatever. It's basically a "D" shape, but feels weird. My dad seems to like it, which is why I gave it to him :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts