Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering getting one of these for high gain fun, I've owned the combo but never touched the MH. I was curious which one you guys would choose or recommend - I know each has pros/cons, and while this is just for home use currently (live in a house at the moment but may be moving to Seattle and an apartment or something similar), I'd also like to have t work in a gigging or practice situation as well. I thought I remember the MH having overheating problems or something like that?

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
I had heard of the overheating issue as well, apparently some of them shut down after getting too hot which could be an issue. I have the combo and I'm happy with it, its just heavy as all hell and that's the only con I can come up with really.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I was pretty happy with the sound that my 112 combo used to make, but I'm not too happy with it not making any sound now. Mine has broken down twice now. :/

I'm so fed up with it I think I'll get rid after I get it fixed and buy a solid state amp like a Tech21 or something.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
The mini head had some sort of problem with the overheating safety kicking in when it wasnt really hot but that was on the first run I believe, I think it has been adressed so if you like the idea of the head I think you would be safe with that choice if you buy new stock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I only got my MH within the last few months so going to assume that qualifies as "new stock" but as soon as I throw an overdrive in front of it it shuts down, what is the point of a metal amp you can't overdrive?

Will be returning mine I think, thinking of getting a blackstar or orange head instead as I do like the convenience of the mini heads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts