·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE!

As of july 26th, Randy got the following email from Kurt @ Rondo :

Thanks Randy

I have gone with the name "Sentinel" - at least for now

the Sentinel 725 will be the 7 string 25.5" scale version.

Inital specs look like
Alder Body except Nat Ash version
Maple Fretboard black dots
Extra Jumbo Frets
Radius 12-13"
25.5" Scale
Ships with SSS pickups but routed for HSS
and Black HSS pickguard included in box.

String Gauge: 009, 011, 016, 024, 032, 042 and 056. Setup tuned to B, E, A, D, G, B, E
Neck Profile - 21.5mm at the frest fret and 22mm at the 12th fret

2 Samples colors ordered

Sentinel 725 Nat Ash
Sentinel 725 VWH

First small production run should be just before Christmas, but that could very easily be delayed so I am relucant to take deposits just yet.

Kurt

Original post :

Thanks to Randy and Emperoff, the 7-strings Agile Strat thread I've started a while back on ss.org is back to life.

Thanks Randy !

Hope to have at least a prototype before Thanksgiving

Kurt
Agile ST-802 7-string Strat : Poll results. - Sevenstring.org

Interested? Add your name! :yesway:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

Very good news

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Yes! Finally. :yesway: Cannot wait to see the proto.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm out.

:/

I wanted a seven string strat since, oh, about the time I first picked up a seven. I wanted one for so long, in fact, that eventually I got used to playing humbucker-equipped guitars and decided that what I really wanted wasn't a Strat, it was a H-H superstrat with alder or ash and a maple fretboard.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Well, it's going to be alder or ash with a maple fretboard, so all you need to do is swap the pups. Alder bodied 7's are hard to come by all together, so it may still be worth considering. We're expecting him to be offering variations anyway, so you may just get your wish.

EDIT: Also, I'm looking forward to the 2-point trem and I *hope* that it ends up being the Hipshot. :yum:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'm sure it'll have the wrong size frets, and have some irritating finish flaws keeping it from being perfect. :lol:

·
Hasta la vista, Baby
384 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'm sure it'll have the wrong size frets, and have some irritating finish flaws keeping it from being perfect. :lol:
Most likely :lol: That's why we voted for jumbo frets, because Rondo's concept of "jumbo frets" is more like mediums.

I would gladly take one with a finish imperfection for 200$ off like I did with my Interceptor Pro back in the day :)

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I know two of the complaints I heard about the Texans were the finish on the neck and some about the finish on the body. I'm pretty positive the body's getting the thicker gloss finish (which, if it's anything like the Interceptor Pros, should be good) and I'm hoping the neck gets the thicker amber finish like the SX Vintages had.

Aside from that, I didn't hear much about the fretwork or string alignment. If those were or are an issue... well, thank god Kurt's got a good return policy. :lol:

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts

:rofl:

I am actually interested in this though. For some reason I don't care about tiny frets (as much) on a strat-style guitar.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
:bump:

BIG NEWS!!!!!

From the man himself:

Thanks Randy

I have gone with the name "Sentinel" - at least for now

the Sentinel 725 will be the 7 string 25.5" scale version.

Inital specs look like
Alder Body except Nat Ash version
Maple Fretboard black dots
Extra Jumbo Frets
Radius 12-13"
25.5" Scale
Ships with SSS pickups but routed for HSS
and Black HSS pickguard included in box.

String Gauge: 009, 011, 016, 024, 032, 042 and 056. Setup tuned to B, E, A, D, G, B, E
Neck Profile - 21.5mm at the frest fret and 22mm at the 12th fret

2 Samples colors ordered

Sentinel 725 Nat Ash
Sentinel 725 VWH

First small production run should be just before Christmas, but that could very easily be delayed so I am relucant to take deposits just yet.

Kurt
:metal:

·
18,790 Posts
Wow, I like those specs...I may be very interested in this. Except maybe the fretboard radius, I'm not sure I've ever played anything that's not a 16" radius :lol:

Edit: I stand corrected, both my Fender Jazz Bass V and Squier Strat are 9.5" radius, only my Ibanez and my old Schecters would be anything else :lol:

So...

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Agreed on both counts. I'm thankful for the specs he gave us but that was with the expectation of it being something that would appeal to most people. For myself, I'd be all about a set of 7 string P90's in that bitch (Vintage Vibe?).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts