Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some chrome inline tuners for my Agile. I am open to just about anything that are good quality, however I would prefer locking tuners. Price is negotiable depending on what tuners they are however I would prefer to keep it in the $40 range.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You can get Schallers from Warmoth for $9 a piece.

Schaller Mini Locking Tuners

You can get a set of Schaller/Gotoh style locking tuners from GuitarFetish for $30 a set, but i don't think they sell them individually, so you'll need two sets.

Now STAGGERED! Gotoh style Locking Tuners- Sperzel Style String Lock-

Do you need inline or reverse inline? You may have to go with the Schallers, because i'm not sure the no-name ones from GuitarFetish come in left-handed.
Regular inline...these are for the Texan. I want to go with the GuitarFetish brand, but like you said I would have to buy 2 sets (already emailed them) and with that, I could get the Schallers or even Sperzels for a little bit more. I will probably end up doing that, just looking to see if I can find a used set a bit cheaper first.

I am basically giving the Texan an overhaul. New tuners, bridge saddles, brass nut, new electronics and layout(removing tone knob and putting the vol knob where the tone knob was), output jack, tele control cover, refret, and possibly scalloping. Most of the parts especially the electronics are cheap, but man, when you start adding it all up it gets expensive! :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wow... so you're pretty much gutting it and starting over! i'm curious to see how that turns out!

I love my Texan and have thus far left it bone stock.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow... so you're pretty much gutting it and starting over! i'm curious to see how that turns out!

I love my Texan and have thus far left it bone stock.
Did you have any issues with the bridge saddles on your Texan? That is my main problem, the saddles lower them selves, mainly the high E and B strings (or in my case D and A strings) all the way down. Kurt sent me an entire new bridge, and I haven't installed those saddles, but I want to just change to the strat/hardtail type saddles. I LOVE how my Texan sounds, and the stock pickups are great, but I just need to make it play as good as it sounds since it is officially my main axe.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
So far, no, i haven't had that problem. I wonder if you just need a bit of thread lock on the height adjustment screws.

Oh, and i did make one change... i swapped out the 3-way switch for the Fender 4-way blade switch. I LOVE the series option for the pickups.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Yeah, definitely go with one of the mid-strength ones. I think both the Permatex and LocTite varieties in this strength are blue. It will hold nicely, but will still be adjustable later. :)

EDIT: Actually, for fine threads, Permatex recommends their low-strength (purple) threadlocker.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah, blue is overkill for that application.

And Red might as well be weld.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts