Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am considering ordering a Strictly 7+1 custom. and Noticed that one of the options for the pickups was Bare Knuckle. I was just wanting to know what set do you guys think could benifit me the most with them as an 8 string?

A little info about the guitar.
Mahogany Body with Flamed Maple Cap. Bolt on..Honestly It will not bother me :lol:
27.5" scale
the Strictor Body shape
Rock maple neck with Ebony Fret board.

Any suggestions welcome :D

Also the Nailbombs can they come in that distressed look?

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Look into a thread I posted yesterday about 8 string pups, it quickly decended from passive pick-ups, to Painkillers :lol: Also, you can't get covered 8 string pups as far as I'm aware, only the open coiled ones in black.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
So, I am considering ordering a Strictly 7+1 custom. and Noticed that one of the options for the pickups was Bare Knuckle. I was just wanting to know what set do you guys think could benifit me the most with them as an 8 string?

A little info about the guitar.
Mahogany Body with Flamed Maple Cap. Bolt on..Honestly It will not bother me :lol:
27.5" scale
the Strictor Body shape
Rock maple neck with Ebony Fret board.

Any suggestions welcome :D

Also the Nailbombs can they come in that distressed look?
No covered 8-string pups. They just introduced 7-string covers a while back to my knowledge. You might be able to get colored bobbins? Email Tim @ BKP.

Jim will put in any pickups you want. Seymour Duncan is another option which will run you a little bit less cash, probably only available in black bobbins. Just give S7 a call and talk to Jim, he'll let you know your range of options.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I emailed them about the distressed look they said they dont do that to the 8 strings bu they could do this:

We don't cover 8 strings, so can't be distressed. We can 'age' the coils however, which look good. I talked to the tech who does this and he said he can really rough them up if you want them like that.

If you wanted them 'aged' or 'aged and roughed-up' you will have to put a clear note in the comments box. The cost is £5 extra per pickup.
I also was thinking of getting the Painkillers or a painkiller and a warpig or something

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
yeah I emailed them about the distressed look they said they dont do that to the 8 strings bu they could do this:

I also was thinking of getting the Painkillers or a painkiller and a warpig or something
Excellent idea. Again, do email Tim with your exact specs and what you want, he'll recommend a pup. Painkillers will actually sound a lot like a Seymour Duncan Blackout set, so consider if you want to go that hot or not. They will certainly be a good tone in that guitar, though, nice and cutting. :2cents:

PS Jim's bolt-ons are nice, and he's improved the neck joint for even more access and comfort recently. Haven't played one of the new ones yet, but you have no need to fear reaching the 26th fret, etc. He also re-shaped his 8-string neck from the prototype that I owned, and it's supposed to be even more comfy.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:metal: Sweet. the one thing I do not know is which one to put in the neck or bridge though :lol:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ask Tim. Nothing wrong with a matched set, but the bright/clear Cold Sweat is supposed to be a great ERG neck pickup.
yeah I was thinking about getting that as a neck pickups also. but could not remember what people had used it for. Just remembered people saying stuff like "I got a Painkiller/Cold Sweat" or Nailbomb/ cold sweat" etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I to have a Strictly 7+1 on the way with similar specs, mahogany body walnut top and bolt on neck. I contacted BKP and they recommended the cold sweat set. Very versatile to cover many styles of music. Also I have read all over the net how people say how great the cold sweats sound with mahogany.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts