Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Now that I've been here for more than ten minutes--and definitely intend to stay...

Here's my most recent track & the first I've written since getting an 8. I'm not really into the whole djent thing, I can dig listening to it but I have no desire to play it. This one is still pretty damn rough, especially on the bass, but its at a point where I'm pretty happy with the structure & sound/feel of it. I still want to go back and add some more texture in certain spots (in other words, play higher than the first 7 frets on the bottom three strings :ugh:) but that will probably take me a while.

Everything is done by me, drums are Superior Drummer. Typically I have a drummer back home program them for me since I don't have a great concept of writing good drum parts. But I'm getting better at it while he takes his sweet time getting around to it I think.

So, would love to hear some opinions...mix, writing, guitar tone, good/bad/ugly.
Thanks.

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dudes. I'm hoping to get a chance to re record this one soon to make it a lot less sloppy. My bass is currently fucked though and of course the bass is the worst of it here.

I'll just act like I was 'going for that raw sound'

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuck yeah dude that's a huge compliment. Gateways has been amongst my favorite albums for more than ten years now, huge influence on me.

I could try the pitch shifting thing but I'm not really into work around like that. I actually found a bassist last night that's going to have a listen and see if he wants to do anything with it. Dude is fucking good too.

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks dudes.

Anybody want to put some vocals on it? A guy named MerrickT here might be working on some for me but I haven't heard from him since I sent him the mp3's. Any style, just for kicks, no lyrics are written.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.