Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Located in Blackwood, New Jersey, 10 minutes or so outside Philadelphia.

This is an '86 X100B, so it is the black tolex 6L6 version. The amp is a bit dusty but is in otherwise very nice condition. The volume pots are a little scratchy when the channel and master are both below 1 but otherwise it works as you might expect a great X100B to sound. It has a 25/50/100 watt switch on the back, so you can attemp to play quietly through it, but she's still pretty loud regardless really. Has a footswitch for the channels and loop.

I have the original vinyl covers for both the head and the cabinet, which are included. I think there may be a tear in one of them, I really don't remember. I don't use them. The cab has casters as well so it's easy enough to move around. I'll get some pics up shortly, but it looks just like Vai's with the black tolex. This is not the carpet covered EL34 version of the amp. I believe the cabinet has the Celestion copy Carvin 75 watt British Series speakers which were standard in '86, but I would need to take the back off to check.

I'm now using my '80 Acoustic G100-112EVM exclusively so the big Carvin is sitting and getting dusty and I really, really need new ice skates.

Questions - feel free to ask.

$550 for the whole shebang, and I will not split up the head and cab. I will help you get it into your car though.

Again, no shipping, sorry.

I have feedback on Jemsite HERE as well as 100% positive feedback with over 100 transactions on eBay as jimandmaurawhite

jim

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lowered to $500 even, and I'd be willing to drive it 100 miles or so as well (we can split tolls if they get hairy). I would also be willing to work on a trade for ice hockey skates if someone has an in to get them (I'm not talking about your old ones here, obviously ;) )

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would also be happy to trade this for a bass amp

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I grabbed a Hartke 210C, so I no longer need a bass amp.

I will consider trades for basses, though this likely goes to the dreaded 'Bay this weekend (so I can just buy what I want already LOL).

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can close this one Mods, Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts