Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I buy gadgets just because I can't resist the niftiness. I just spent an hour recording my Mark V with this, and despite 7DT's hatorade it doesn't sound too bad and is pretty clever.

However my Kemper and my Fractal both sound just as good and have a zillion more options, so really I'm never going to use this damn thing again. :lol:

Here are the pics from the auction I won a little while ago. It still looks the same, minus the ugly coffee table:

$125 shipped and I'll throw in some picks that have my URL on them. It points to a domain with lots of bike shit and no music stuff whatsoever, but hey, the picks are cool! :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I just emailed Boogie Support to see if it can be turned off or if the unit can be modified :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Well, he kindly missed an opportunity to drop a RTFM, but...

I'm curious if the cabinet simulations in the original CabClone can be turned off? I'd love to use this as an amp load and get an un-emulated signal direct to my DAW, where I can apply my own personal IR's.

Attachments

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have an Axe-Fx, you don't need it for the same reason that I don't need it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Hey I'm just trying to butter it up for Mike :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Actually I don't. I use the 6505MH for direct recording. The cab emulator is shit. So this is a possibility. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Told you it sucked.

Did you try the hammer mod? The one where you hit it with a really large hammer? Like lots?
FUCK OFF THIS THING IS AMAZING

YOU WERE IN A BAND WITH DANI FILTH. A MAN WHO SPELLS "DANI" LIKE THIS. YOUR OPINION IS POO.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
FUCK OFF THIS THING IS AMAZING

YOU WERE IN A BAND WITH DANI FILTH. A MAN WHO SPELLS "DANI" LIKE THIS. YOUR OPINION IS POO.
Man, every single advert anyone writes to sell gear:

"This is a XXXXXX, an amazing amp/unit/guitar/other(*). Unfortunately I have upgraded/fallen on hard times/seen something else/other(*) and therefore need to sell. It' sounds amazing and if you're looking at this, you know how good it is"

(*) delete as appropriate

What this normal;ly means is:

"I bought this thinking it'd be awesome, but now realise I made a grave mistake, please buy my piece of crap for money kthxbye"

I apologize for the spelling of Dani, but if you've ever seen his "signature" you'll know that's the least of the worries...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FUCK OFF JIMMI THE CABCLONE IS THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE THE SPORK

1 - 20 of 20 Posts