Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Never listened to them.

The only thing I know about King's X is that their guitarist is called Ty Tabor, he occasionally tunes to Drop B, and he had some of the nicest signature guitars I've ever seen or played.

And I know all that from on of my Yamaha Guitar catalogues.

Are they any good?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Doesn't like them at all or just what he has heard?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
While their reputation is mostly with regard to their more progressive music, King's X will always equal Over My Head to me and that song kicks fucking ass.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
It's funny, I liked King's X a bit during their early days (Gretchen Goes To Nebraska), but kind of stopped following them after the self-titled album. I don't dislike them, I just kind of lost touch. I need to give their stuff another listen after all these years.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Yep. :agreed:
Never listened to them.

The only thing I know about King's X is that their guitarist is called Ty Tabor, he occasionally tunes to Drop B, and he had some of the nicest signature guitars I've ever seen or played.

And I know all that from on of my Yamaha Guitar catalogues.

Are they any good?

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I'm not said mod, but they've never done anything for me either.

I've heard people rave about them for years, then I think, "What am I missing?" Listen to a bunch of shit, and go away thinking "I'm not missing much of anything, apparently." :lol: Sounds like a fucked up bastard child of RATM, Living Colour, and Sevendust. None of which I'm particularly fascinated with, BTW.

Just my 2c, for whatever reason. I guess I can relate to the mysterious and offending mod.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Unacceptable! I've been listening to a fair amount of King's X and The Jelly Jam lately. It's good stuff, yo. Just listen to the Dogman album.

They're apparently great live, too.

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
Fanboy Alert:

King's X is my favorite band ever.From the cool riffs to the Beatle-esque harmonies and melodies,they deliver great hard rock songs without ever being too "pop" or cliche.Live they are tremendous. Easy the best band I've ever seen. I listen to all their side projects and those are awesome as well.

That said..everyone has their own taste and sensibilities when it comes to music.I respect that but feel sorry for those that can't get into KX because I truly believe that they're missing out. In short...

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
:scream::scream::scream::scream:

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
For once, I'm pretty sure I'm not the "certain mod." :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG01B) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Probably the same mod who doesn't like PT.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
not that i don't like them or appreciate what they do, but count me in as another guy who just doesn't get it :shrug:.

i break out Gretchen and the self titled one every now and then and enjoy them quite a bit, but i've never been fanatical about them.

seen them live about 3 times now. one of those shows being a headlining gig with them playing nearly 2 1/2 hours (!)... what can i say, they bore me to tears live :lol:.

also, i cannot stand Ty Tabor's tone :puke:. love the hell out of the dude's playing though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.