Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a quote from my instruction to my buddy on recording

If you put me in the room with a band and at the same time Andy Sneap in another room with the same band somehow, I can tell you there will be infinitely more phasing on my project than his... It's a Linear relationship
:agreed:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Huh? :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just going on a tirade about how theres a linear relationship between the amount of extreme phase effects (like ot the degree of running entire chunks of a mix through a pedal) and the quality of the recording :lol:

And then i proposed, that all compression should be done during the initial recording, like maxed out hardcore, and then mastering should be comprised of running the mix through an ehx steel leather bass expanded to undo the desired amount of compression

His little recording school trained mind was blown in fear :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:lol: Considering that's AWFUL advice, I can see why. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
dude, max WTF? no way you do that! If you overcompress instruments before mixing, you have nowhere to go with the master and you'll get distortion before you even get the overall mix volume you want.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
dude, max WTF? no way you do that! If you overcompress instruments before mixing, you have nowhere to go with the master and you'll get distortion before you even get the overall mix volume you want.
I'm 99.99999% sure Max is joking, Vince. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
It's Max. I just kind of expect it. :lol:

BTW, Max, answer your fucking PMs! :squint:

:wub:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts