Metal Guitarist Forums banner

A few options...

Tags
options
917 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  deactivated-5784 
#1 ·
EMGs don't fit in my Ibanez RGD after all, so that's not happening.
I've been considering a few bridge pickup options but I'm still not 100% set because I don't have much experience with any of them. The three options I've narrowed down to are the Nazgul (Seymour Duncan), Aftermath (Bare Knuckle) and Crunch Lab (Dimarzio). The only one I've tried was the Aftermath, which was through a Diezel VH4 and sounded awesome. The others could be better though, I don't know. Any opinions? I don't want to have to do a lot of swapping around. Just want something bright, clear and punchy.

#2 ·
Your best bet in my opinion would be the nazgul.

I've always found the aftermath to be a shrill piece of shit, and the crunchlab just a piece of shit.

#5 ·
RGD is mahogony? Drop sonic is nice in that. Otherwise I also quite liked the evo7 in mahogony, really made for good not seperation.

Pickups is always hit and miss, even with the same body wood, you just have to try a few out and see which one the guitar likes. So I wouldn't be too worried, just get a set, try them out, if you don't like them, swap for something else, try that out etc, after 1-4 swaps you generally find the right one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.