Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I know what size i was at 180lb and i know what im at around 250... No wondering here :(

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I hit 28" waist, mens "Small" shirts from running too much a while ago, so just because most of my pants are 30"s and I don't take physical fitness too seriously/enjoy fucking with the "shaker bottle" crowd (though everyone should treat their body like a temple) I went and bought 3,600 calories (traditionally thought of as 1 pound, that was my specific challenge as I envisioned it) worth of disgusting supermarket food and binge ate it in one sitting just to see what I was missing out on. Given that I don't believe in "cheat days" and I've been eating cleanly (what some people label "paleolithic", no refined shit whatsoever, the dirtiest I eat is Subway's sick bastardization of wheat bread, and only when it's unavoidable) for close to 17 months I figured it was long overdue.

Gotta say, I took some perverse enjoyment in it while I was doing it, but that shit is poison. It doesn't even taste good after you start eating real food. I wanted to see what I had been missing out on, since I didn't even remember what that shit was like. So I ate.

-A 6 pack of Albertsons brand Snickers ice cream cupcakes.
-Half a log of chorizo.
-5 pretzel style dinner rolls.
-As many spoonfuls of a quart of some Ben and Jerry's flavor I don't remember before I got violently sick.
-A store brand "pick your own" combo platter from the Deli I chose to be deep fried potato wedges, disgusting vaguely asian chicken, and some dressing drenched Italian style salad.
-A couple handfuls of salted pecans.
-All washed down with 4 Avery Brewing White Rascals.

The next day was like. Sex drive = dead, mind cloudy, skin felt greasy, in general felt like shit. I don't want to preach, but everyone into the sedentary lifestyle (no above 150 bpm cardio most days of the week, eats shit), should really reconsider.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Oh, eating it all in one sitting is easy. When I was in my "didn't know shit about replenishing blood sugar" phase about two years ago, where I would often eat large quantities of peanut butter post workout, I learned about this condition called "hyperglycemia", which is where you eat so much sugar that you actually feel an uncontrollable hunger. Between the beers and the Snickers ice cream cupcakes right off the bat, hitting that was easy. On the flipside though, as gross as I felt, I ran for twice the regular duration the next morning (two hours, I eat right before going to bed and run first thing in the morning). So you know, maybe there is something to be said for it?

I'm a huge fan of diet experimentation, two years ago I ate every meal at the Mexican food place across the street for a week just to see how my body would react.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
A few years ago, when I was in North Carolina for almost an entire month, I ate at a place called Cook Out for ~25 days in a row. I also drank 32s of Miller every day, to go along with it. My hypothesis was that it would make me fat. My hypothesis was correct.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
We need a thread sharing the unhealthiest things we have ever done.

Once I ate a dozen donuts, in my car, in a walmart parking lot. At 4 in the morning.

Listening to Blind Guardian.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Yeah, that picture is DEFINITELY not a 250 pound guy unless he's like 5'3" tall. If he's 6'1" and that big, my guess would be that he's at least 450 pounds. (As a note, in the pic in my avatar, I was 220 pounds, but I doubt most people would guess that. I remember someone said to me "You're what? 175? 180?" at the time. Yeeeahh, riiight).

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Marriage will put the pounds on you, bro.
Actually it's taking the pounds off since I'm joining the gym next week (November 1st or so) and getting back into my old weight-lifting routine. My wife also has a membership and is planning on going with me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts