Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catch this?

NFL Communications - NFL NETWORK’S A FOOTBALL LIFE PROFILES RICKY WILLIAMS IN HIS OWN WORDS «

As a Pats fan, I really didn't know much about him other than he was the guy that kept getting suspended for smoking weed. His AFL is pretty damn interesting, and as it turns out he's a really intelligent, charismatic dude with a great life outlook and a good head on his shoulders.

If you get a chance and have nothing better to do, it's one of the better ones I've seen. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
He's a fascinating guy, and a nice one to boot. I think he's actually a genius, and never took well to the "superstar" type persona.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, after watching that I'm inclined to agree. It's rare that I'll sit down for an hour and watch a TV show about someone I could give two shits about, but it was really good. Dude lives his life the right way, and devotes a ton of time and "star power" into helping people. So much cooler than the prima donna shitbags like Ray Lewis who are 100% about themselves.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
NFL Network is serious about these things, actually - I haven't seen that one, but the ones on Namath and Staubach were some of the better documentary TV I've ever seen. Very honest, especially Namath's.

4,429 Posts
NFL films does an excellent job with everything to do, they know all the side stuff is as important as the games when it comes to building the sport and keeping it's history a part of the game. Joe Greene's is excellent, and I'm a big fan of their top 10 countdowns as well. Honestly sometimes their documentaries are more entertaining to me than the game of football actually is (I'm more of a hockey, lacrosse, rugby guy).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts