Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UV777GR, universe, yes, the one i have always said was ugly as sin and I'd never get.

I now want one so bad it hurts...

"It's like looking at an ugly girl, whilst knowing, somehow, that they'll be mindblowing between the sheets"

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
Go on, just buy one. And get a UV77MC & a silver dot UV7BK too just so you've got the complete set.

·
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made an offer, but got refused straight away, but at least i know what ballpark the figure is. Strangely, it's been for sale for several years now apparently!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
UV777GR, universe, yes, the one i have always said was ugly as sin and I'd never get.

I now want one so bad it hurts...

"It's like looking at an ugly girl, whilst knowing, somehow, that they'll be mindblowing between the sheets"
It's also a maple fretboard. That rules, hard.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I used to own one, i sold it to Popsyche. I kinda always wanted another one, but then i realzied, i wasnt really a fan of basswood anymore. I wouldnt mind getting another guitar with that color scheme though :lol:

·
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing that will cure your aching desire is......more cowbell.

...and perhaps acquiring a UV777GR.
more cowbell, i tried, but it's just not the same as it takes a certain amount of talent to perform cowbell to the height of it's godlike abilities...

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I have a growing obsession for a Universe not made of basswood or rosewood and with a longer scale length. A green dot made of alder with an ebony board and a 27" scale length would kick a lot of ass.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I had one years ago, she was an ugly slut but there was something to be said about the maple board.......

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Steve, I must thank you for that old trem off that guitar. I got some parts for it and dropped it in my 7-20 and I am firmly of the belief that the Lo-Pro is the greatest trem ever designed. It stays in tune for weeks.

I'll still love the Greendot more than the 777GR, though.

·
Rule #2: Double Tap
140 Posts
Steve, I must thank you for that old trem off that guitar. I got some parts for it and dropped it in my 7-20 and I am firmly of the belief that the Lo-Pro is the greatest trem ever designed. It stays in tune for weeks.

I'll still love the Greendot more than the 777GR, though.
You're welcome, Bro.... Glad you put it to good use.

Correction: Nothing can be loved more than a 777GR.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Those UV777GRs are freaking stellar......

... from the pics I have seen. Ibanez should do some sort of Reissue of them with alder body.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts