Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Nightmare on Elm Street

eh, the trailer doesn't do much for me, and i can't say i'm thrilled with Michael Bay's involvment...

i dunno, i feel the original is perfect in every way and should be left alone.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
How can that be Michael Bay? There was not one city block leveling explosion in that entire trailer?

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Michael Bay's new found love seems to be producing old horror movies that don't need to be remade :lol:

First The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Then Friday The 13th (of which he is producing the sequel) and now Nightmare on Elmstreet.

I refuse to watch any of them, call me narrowminded but bleh, the originals were cool as they were :fawk:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/20.0.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

2009: Year of the Remakes

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
and Troma Studios "Mother's Day" which, if you've seen it, is a bizarre choice for a remake :lol:

Watch the original and have done with it, it's awesome :)

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Is Hollywood so out of ideas that they need to remake movies that were very popular and barely a quarter of a century old? :noway:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Is Hollywood so out of ideas that they need to remake movies that were very popular and barely a quarter of a century old? :noway:
:agreed: This!

It's pretty much cliche, every time an old remake comes out you hear this but geez really? Red Dawn? I just watched this recently. I can't imagine a movie that doesn't need a re-make more than this one! :noplease: There are no heavy special effects, the only thing that really dates it is the haircuts. :lol:

Nightmare on Elm Street? :shrug: Meh, I could see a re-make. I certainly agree it is a classic and is good as is but at the same time it is a great story that some of the newer generation would passover simply because it was made when they're parents were young. :nono: I've heard my 20 year old daughter chiding anything that was made before she was born. Stupid kids. :rant:

NoES with all the dream sequences and makeup probably could benefit from some sprucing up......but Michael Bay?!?!? :scratch:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
:funnypost:

:lol: Stuffing and googley eyes EVERYWHERE! :lol:

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
NO. Robert Englund is Freddy Krueger, period. This is an abomination. Fuck Michael Bay.
Exfuckingsactly

I had a feeling this would be the next target for a remake. I enjoyed the TCM remakes and was only slightly disappointed with some aspects of the new Fri13. I could see this being remade. However much like Gunnar Hansen is the only Leatherface to me, Rober Englund is the only Freddy to me. This spells doom.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
God damn it Hollywood, come up with some new god damn ideas and stop tarnishing classics with retarded remakes.

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
Fuck this shit. :noway:
The original movie was fucking epic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts