Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Would You Kindly?
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was my birthday recently and I wanted to get a new guitar, something really special. Being the Ibby fanboy I am, I knew what brand it was going to be, but I wasn't sure what.

Was looking at an RG2228, but I didn't get it in the end (Alas, one day I shall enter the ERG club). I did however, come across this fine little beauty which was right up my alley. Thanks a lot to jtm45 for selling this baby to me. :hbang:

What is it? :scratch:

It's an Ibanez Prestige RG2027x. :metal: Really loving it. Nice to have a 7 string that isn't black, and it fits in with the sort of style I want to use it for.

As you probably know, it has piezo pickups in, and I gotta say I'm digging them. I'm a very acoustic influenced player, so it's a very valuable tool to have. It also has two jacks which means I can link the mags up to one amp and the piezos to another, which is cool. The stock pickups are far better than I imagined, as you know Ibanez isn't too great with pickups but being a prestige the stocks in here are very good. I'll still replace them with Bareknuckles at some point, but they'll definitely do for now. Condition wise it's very good, only one little dent on the front and a couple of dinks on the back.

Overall, very pleased. Can't wait to have this thing set up in open Cmaj and really start getting into what I have planned with it. :metal:

P.S - Dave (jtm45) also sent me one of Dino Cazares' pics with this, as you may know he is one of my heroes so very thankful for that. Also my copy of Tesseract's 'Concealing Fate' EP. Good times finally! :wub:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Where's the pie?

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Nice score :yesway: Those are very nice guitars, I've had a bit of play time on 7 Dying Tree's one.

BTW, 7 strings still count as ERG's ;)

·
Would You Kindly?
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You had me at "pie". :wub:
I love me some pie. :wub:

Nice score :yesway: Those are very nice guitars, I've had a bit of play time on 7 Dying Tree's one.

BTW, 7 strings still count as ERG's ;)
Ah sick. :D And yeah ha ha I know technically, but 7s are normality for me. :lol:

·
Would You Kindly?
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RG2027 > RG2228, IMO. A bit more rare, and more versatile.
Yeah man it definitely has more to offer stock than the 2228, but I do definitely want to get into 8 strings at some point.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah man it definitely has more to offer stock than the 2228, but I do definitely want to get into 8 strings at some point.
You sure? They're not for everyone :D

·
Would You Kindly?
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You sure? They're not for everyone :D
I played a Schecter ATX C-8 recently and loved it. I've played the 2228 a few times before, I want to get one of my own. :D

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The pie is a lie. :(

(there IS a pretty sweet 2027 in this thread, however, so not all is lost. :))

1 - 19 of 19 Posts