Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just part of a track I've written to demo them properly on youtube (when I finally get round to filming it all). It's actually an extension of a track I wrote a while back, but with a new part slapped on the end.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4128689/groove ahoy.mp3

Chain was Charvel San Dimas > OD 808 > dual rectifier > Marshall 1960AV (V30's) > SM57 > Pro40 > Your face.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
But what amp? WHAT AMP?!?

Sounds freaking awesome dude. Convinced me to grab some to try.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh shit! :lol: it was my dual rectifier in 50w mode. And thanks dude!

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Jesus christ Matt your some sort of love child from a Nuno and Dime Bag gang bang.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Just placed an order for one myself, tks for help me decide :)

It will fit a cheap guitar that im modding the hell out of it, its a HSS configuration that will be the HDN and two XS 62N that I bought last week super cheap (used but are shinny new actually), payed 20€ for both :)

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ :lol:

Thanks dudes! Love the way these things sound/react.

Jesus christ Matt your some sort of love child from a Nuno and Dime Bag gang bang.
Shit, I'll take that :agreed: Not surprising either of them come through though really, my two biggest influences!

Man, I wish I could get my recto to sound that good.
You can, *****! I know they're tricky, but man you just can't beat that tone! What 'era' of Recto do you have?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
You can, *****! I know they're tricky, but man you just can't beat that tone! What 'era' of Recto do you have?
I got a two channel Rev G. I'm thinking it needs a little work too as it prone to picking up a lot of RF noise and regardless of how I set the gain and volume it either ends up sounding stupidly compressed (not the good way) or anaemic with no gain. Plus I REALLY need to actually calibrate mu monitors to the room. Been here 6 months and still haven't gotten round to it. XD

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
That sounds great mattayus! Really thinking about picking up a set of entwhistles for something I'm currently upgrading. What tuning was that? They seemed to handle the bottom end nicely.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Drop C# with a 10-52 set. This guitar is very solid/tight feeling in general, but yeah the Entwistles are VERY tight. Very forward and pushy midrange, a real snarl that cuts through without being harsh.

I got a two channel Rev G. I'm thinking it needs a little work too as it prone to picking up a lot of RF noise and regardless of how I set the gain and volume it either ends up sounding stupidly compressed (not the good way) or anaemic with no gain. Plus I REALLY need to actually calibrate mu monitors to the room. Been here 6 months and still haven't gotten round to it. XD
That sounds like valves on their way out. Pre, that is. Get to replacing and fire that bastard up!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
That sounds great mattayus! Really thinking about picking up a set of entwhistles for something I'm currently upgrading. What tuning was that? They seemed to handle the bottom end nicely.
I've had HDNs down to drop A#, and they're the only pickup that I like down there other than 81s and 85s. I call it a draw with 85s, fwiw. They handle lows very well indeed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts