1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I like the tones a lot... are you using the GT-10 just for effects, or did you record direct with it? The guitar and bass sounds are really good.

However, i think the mix is a little off... the keys are REALLY loud, and i find the guitars are also quite loud in the mix, drowning out the bass and drums.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using GT-10 as preamp and laney gh50l as power. Mesa rectifier 2x10 as cab and shure sm57 ans microphone. I've not done really much mic placement tests, but i placed the mic off-axis so it wouldn't sound too fizzy.

I see what you're saying about the keys (Organs hammer down the other mix in the chorus) and i'm doing more balancing to next clip...

Do you or someone else have any songwriting tips or parts you liked or disliked. I'm really curious to hear some of that criticism too although the tips you just gave were real good.

Is there any tips you could give about the clean tones... I think they are a bit too dumped and doesn't have enough attack.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'd try recording the cleans direct and see how that works... going through a power amp, speaker and mic is probably all colouring the tone in ways that may not work. By going direct, you can tweak things so they sound exactly how you want.

Is this going to have vocals on it, or are you going to be keeping it as more of a post-rock/metal instrumental?

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
why dont you hang out and contribute a bit before you hock your stuff :)
WTF?
:hmm:​

This isn't the classifieds, and he isn't selling shit... he came here asking for advice. Granted, he's kinda jumped in with both feet without much of an introduction, but not everybody needs to do the big :welcome: introduction when they first arrive.

:shrug:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Umm. I once did direct and i didn't get the tone i wanted. I think that's close enough, but it is just the thing that lacs the most. Would getting direct tone + amp tone and mashing them together help?

@7 Strings of Hate: I sure am going to contribute straight away i know a little bit more about these things. I'm also willing to give advices and to be involved with these kind of things. I just thought that this would be a good place to start (this + ss.org) to get the knowledge. :) And i apologize that i didn't know it was a manner to help before asking help. Really sorry.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
:wtf:

This isn't the classifieds, and he isn't selling shit... he came here asking for advice. Granted, he's kinda jumped in with both feet without much of an introduction, but not everybody needs to do the big :wavey: introduction when they first arrive.

:shrug:
I didnt think he needed an intro, but its a bit of a shitty move to show up, and your first post be about showing us your bands stuff IMO.

Hang out, say hey, THEN post some stuff. Hell, the kingpin guy had people giving him shit left and right for his first post being about a luither that burned him,even though the luither posts on this forum that was relevant to us.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
@7 Strings of Hate: I sure am going to contribute straight away i know a little bit more about these things. I'm also willing to give advices and to be involved with these kind of things. I just thought that this would be a good place to start (this + ss.org) to get the knowledge. :) And i apologize that i didn't know it was a manner to help before asking help. Really sorry.
Its cool dude, i was mearly just mentioning it, darren is the one making a deal out of it

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I like it, but I think the keyboards are too loud, the drums and guitars are too quiet, and needs more of an opened up sound (not sure how to say that, I guess). I think the music itself is pretty cool. I think the distorted guitar tones could be recorded better (or maybe it's a mixing issue), but the clean tones sound awesome.

This, from the king of shitty moves:fawk:
:lol: +1000

Just ignore him, Kurkkuviipale. He's our resident asshole. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could deal with some mic positioning soon. (tomorrow?) Trying various combinations of mixing tonight (it's 9pm here) and see what i come up with.

Ps. Nice you like the music ;)

E: BTW did anyone notice that first and the second part had different guitar settings? Anyway, i'm going to be AFK for a while now...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Mmkay... I get what you both are saying, but can we now get to the topic? :) You already gave me really creative comments and it would be great to keep that coming!

E: And @darren's question about is this going to be an instrumental or having vocals, i'm thinking (and dreaming) of this having a vocal track too as soon as we get a singer... Though i think that even if we had a singer the track behind it would be just what this is now and ofc mastered again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump! Also, i have a new mix of the song whitch has the past-song in it, though w/out guitar and most of the organs in it, but soundcloud is down (you can't upload anything)... I'll upload it asap i can and send it here.

Offtopic: Is bumping/double-posting allowed on the forums? I pressume so as i see more than one double post in this thread...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts