Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Converting pretty much my entire collection to ClipLocks.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's the right choice either... :lol:

Orange one is probably going back, I thought it would be more of a soft pastel, but it is in your face traffic cone orange.

Some are still in the mail. My seafoam HM strat is getting the neon green one.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I don't see a neon green one :scratch:

I thought about getting a purple one for my strat, but all my guitars are Schaller locks and that was a switch from my previous ones.. 4 guitars = in no hurry :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Orange one is probably going back, I thought it would be more of a soft pastel, but it is in your face traffic cone orange.
No no no, that's the reason why you should KEEP it :agreed:

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Cliplocks are fucking awesome. You are putting neon green on seafoam and traffic orange is too over the top? :scratch:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schaller locks are cool and what I previously used (although I've switched back and forth between Schallers and Clip Locks quite a few times), but Clip Locks have a couple advantages.

-Cheaper. $16 (although the neon ones are $20) for a quality strap, as opposed to $20 for Schallers and then another $20+ for a cool strap. I know a lot of people just use one strap with Schaller ends for a lot of guitars that have Schaller buttons. But I like each guitar to have its own strap with a length set to what works best for that specific instrument.
-More adjustable than a nice leather strap.
-Sharp looking.
-Slippery fabric is still the bomb.
-Better than Schallers on Rhoads, because you don't have the Schaller mechanism protruding from the strap button at the heel of the guitar.

Cliplocks look wrong on some guitars (dunno if I will be putting one on my Broderick, plus that's a heavy ass guitar that might call for more than 2"), but for 80s super strats they usually feel just right. Wouldn't put them on a LP Custom or anything, and nothing screams "douchebag" more than a colorful cliplock on an LTD Eclipse...

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm debating getting the neon pink one for my RGD, as currently it's black + black :lol:
If the orange one is any indication the neon series is a bit harsher than the online pictures make them look. I have no doubt the orange would look fantastic aged. But right now it is pretty aggressive.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I use 'em because they are comfy, never fall off, and I'm way too lazy to remove my strap every time I'm done playing. :lol:

Plus I never gig, because everyone knows that Bedroom Hero is the new Rock Star.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts