Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my band decides we're going to learn Sharp Dressed Man. I'm thinking it's going to be relatively easy, like Tush.

WRONG.

Fuckin' seriously?! That first slide solo is bitch if you really want to nail it and make it sound pimp. :cool:

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
:lol: That guy's awesome. How does he not hit himself in the face with his sticks?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Fuckin' seriously?! That first slide solo is bitch if you really want to nail it and make it sound pimp. :cool:
Chops are only a small part of a good lead player, and Billy is a great lead player. All that phrasing, style, and attitude wrapped up in a feel that is really tough to cop. Only Texas guitarists seem to have swing integrated into everything they play.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Billy is great. :agreed: One of my Friends is a huge ZZ top fan and got to go to a Meet And Greet IN pittsburgh a few years ago. He said all of the guys were just really super nice.

As for playign slide - I really suck at it :lol: my action is set to low for slide playing so I never really mess with it much.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Billy has an attitude about his playing that is just impossible to cop properly.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Hell, that feel is all over Cowboys from Hell. You can totally tell Dime was from Texas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts