Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Fleetwood Mac are very underappreciated these days. Great band, and I caught Lindsay on tour a year or two ago; he still tears it up pretty well.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dig FM in small doses, and a few songs of theirs I can never get sick of. Stevie's vibrato gets old kinda quick, but most of the songs that LB sings the majority of I like a bunch.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I really wish I'd been old enough to see Fleetwood Mac before the coke habits and personal dramas got out of hand.

The early extended live versions of "Rhiannon" were fucking amazing:

Can't have a FM thread without "The Chain...

...or "Gold Dust Woman"

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really wish I'd been old enough to see Fleetwood Mac before the coke habits and personal dramas got out of hand.
My buddies in this band had a pretty comical story about either using, or buying (I don't remember which) an old mixing board used to record FM in the 80's. All of the faders were scratchy, and when they pulled the cover off to clean them out, the things were completely caked with 20 year old cocaine. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Just gonna put out there that I hate Stevie Nicks' voice. She's fine for backup, but the leads make my skin crawl. It really keeps me from getting into the band more, since I love everything else.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Hey, it happens to the best of us!

:ugh:
Nothing like some "extra time spent working on vocals," eh? :lol:

Lots of fun while it lasted for me, but when it went south, so did the band.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

noodles said:
Just gonna put out there that I hate Stevie Nicks' voice. She's fine for backup, but the leads make my skin crawl. It really keeps me from getting into the band more, since I love everything else.
I have always (correctly) said that she sounds lik she's queefing through a kazoo.
It's awful.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I love this band. They've been one of my favorites since a young age. The Buckingham-Nicks era produced a few amazing albums IMO.

The older pre Buckingham-Nicks albums are also quite cool, there is a lot to dig into. Blues.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Opinions are odd......Stevie's singing in the songs The Chain and Gold Dust Woman are what drew me to Fleetwood Mac.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
FM can be defined as Peter Green and post-Peter Green. They were a blues/psychedelic band during Green's tenure.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Just gonna put out there that I hate Stevie Nicks' voice. She's fine for backup, but the leads make my skin crawl.
And yet you like King Diamond's voice. :shrug:

Stevie's voice was good in the first few years she was in the band, but her bad singing technique and lifestyle choices degraded her voice very quickly. By the Tusk tour, she was already getting that froggy quality in her voice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts