Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is pretty damn good. I'm not a fan of the genre, but he has a great voice, and it's is much better suited to this than to his whiny drawling in Staind.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little, yeah. And Blue on Black.

It's a little cliche, but that's a pretty damn solid song. Plus, it has Charlie Daniels in it, which is instant win.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Blue on Black is a great song.

Aaron's lyrics suck a ton though :(

·
18,790 Posts
Sounds like Nickelback with a better singer, no loud guitars, more honesty, less douche-ness, and a slower tempo, in a good way :yesway:

This is also exactly the kind of album I'll bet James Hetfield is itching to put out.

Also: jesus fuck autotune, why autotune :wallbash:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Aaron Lewis is awesome. I worked one of his shows and got to meet him. The dude smokes an ass load of pot. :lol:

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
This song was getting a ton of airplay on the country stations up here (He played at Detroit's annual Hoedown). This song is cliche as hell, and as somebody who loves the genre, I'd say it's alright, but nothing great. I may just have grown tired of hearing it, however.

He got a pretty jab in at someone on Twitter recently when being accused of selling out:

"Hey drowning fishes (so fitting) its funny....the ONLY thing I've ever sold out is venues..... how about you?"

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I like country inasmuch as I like folk. This is a little too American-Rebel-Rah-Rah for me, and the lyrics are fairly plain, but it's ok, he wrote this personal ballad thing which is cool.

Definitely showcases his voice better - I've always had a soft spot for Staind, but almost entirely because of Aaron Lewis.

This is my favorite way to perform Black:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Least entertaining thing about this song was Aaron, IMO. I actually really liked this, although it does sound like Staind with slide guitar and ******* lyrics. :2c:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Also, that uber-right wing mumbo jumbo all at the end killed whatever remaining interest I had in that tune.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts