Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine showed me these guys tonight. I've watched loads of their videos, and it's all just absolutely brilliant. They've had various lineups, with the guitarist being the only consistent member, but everyone who plays with them is insane. The cool thing is, unlike most of these sorts of things, these guys are playing live, not miming along.

Death of fucking BALANCE!! Insane!

This is one of their originals. I really liked this.

One drummer really caught my ear, the one in their original track. All three I saw were great, but this one guy had something extra, I thought. Masahito Watabe. Checked out his channel, and he's got some amazingly cool stuff. It's more like contemporary jazz/fusion, so might be of less interest for some, but Jim and Metal Ken and a few others might dig it.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Cassidy said:
Yeah, it's great, eh? He doesn't have too many videos, but they're almost all worth watching (not too keen on the dubstep video, though).
I liked them enough that I'd buy his stuff. I haven't looked yet, does he have any releases?

That video of their original stuff was great, the pianist was excellent.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I couldn't find anything. Just did a search now and found the band at the start of the OP. kuro-music.com:2ndアルバム"Proto Science"

Gonna have to check this later on my PC and do Google Translate. I'm assuming these are albums that can be bought and hopefully downloaded. Let me know if you find anything, 'cause I'll be just as interested. :yesway:

·
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Cassidy said:
No, I couldn't find anything. Just did a search now and found the band at the start of the OP. kuro-music.com:2ndアルバム"Proto Science"

Gonna have to check this later on my PC and do Google Translate. I'm assuming these are albums that can be bought and hopefully downloaded. Let me know if you find anything, 'cause I'll be just as interested. :yesway:
You got it man. I'll be looking tonight.

Also, damn, that drum solo he takes at the end of that live show is the tits.

·
2,662 Posts
This is what comes up on their website at the bottom of their 2nd cd:

"It is available for purchase only in the current product sales at the time of Live"

So, doesn't look like they have it available other than at shows. Bummer. I tweeted him, that's the only thing I can find him on, so we'll see what he says.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aye, I just checked the kuro-music site on my desktop, and what looked like a link was simply a bit of underlined text. For great emphasis, yo. Bummer, indeed.

Is it Masahito Watabe you've tweeted? More live videos would be cool, or a live recording of either that quartet he plays live with or the trio in the rehearsal room. So basically anything of him you can get, I want in. :lol:

·
2,662 Posts
Wow. Awesome.

I think the most impressive thing to me is the idea that people actually have enough friends, or people that can stand them, to find musicians who enjoy the same music they do. And can put up with them long enough to rehearse enough to be this good. :lol:

·
2,662 Posts
I got somewhere with this. The guitarist messaged me back on Facebook and sent me the link for his solo stuff. Not quite what I was hoping for, but it sounds good. I haven't tried purchasing it yet, so I don't know whether I can outside of Japan yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome news! The guitarist is probably the one I'm least enthused about, but that's not saying much, as they're all fantastic. Let me know if you can buy it, 'cause I'll buy it, too.

And would you believe I found another drummer of theirs who's better than Masahito Watabe (the blonde one)? A guy called Tomohisa 'Soopy' Suzuki. He's like a young Virgil Donati. Absolutely insane player. Just gonna start a thread about him, 'cause he deserve his own corner in the MG universe. And the one or two Virgil fans here will probably wanna know about him.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.