Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a decent ABY box so I can send my guitar into my amp and capture the DI at the same time. So far I've seen these:

BOO Instruments
ABY PEDAL | | Boo InstrumentsBoo Instruments

Morely
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002D06...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0002D06EU

Reading about, I saw that it may be necessary to have one with a buffer in it so the signal isn't so weak at both destinations. Is that the case? If so, the cost goes up quite sharply, and the Radial Twin City Bones seems to be quite favoured.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wow, that's £129 here. Does it send out both simultaneously, or is just an either or?
I believe it's just either/or. I gave it a 5 minute test to see if I felt like keeping it, and put it back in the box immediately. :lol: I was going to A/B the Axe-Fx between my 1221s and the PA/Cab setup, but as it turns out I could just use the second set of jacks on one of the outputs.

POLYSWITCH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for a decent ABY box so I can send my guitar into my amp and capture the DI at the same time. So far I've seen these:

BOO Instruments
ABY PEDAL | | Boo InstrumentsBoo Instruments

Morely
Morley A - B Selector / Combiner Box: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

Reading about, I saw that it may be necessary to have one with a buffer in it so the signal isn't so weak at both destinations. Is that the case? If so, the cost goes up quite sharply, and the Radial Twin City Bones seems to be quite favoured.
Just started using one of these yesterday with my new two channel amp. I picked up the Morley aby. Works good, no signal loss and you can run a or b or both. Pretty cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.