Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Yep, and they also have LP studios for 999 instead of 1300+.
I suspect they are clearing out the inventory to make way for newer 2013 models, so i doubt the pricing will last long. I'd love to snag one inthe fireburst finish.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I've found that prices on their more basic models have gotten a lot more reasonable over the last couple years. The custom shop Les Paul reissues are still comically overpriced, but the rest isn't as bad as it used to be. Perhaps the Gibson bubble has started bursting and the company has to be competitive now.

I'm seriously tempted by that limited edition Diablo SG with Floyd. The retail on those is somewhere around $1500 (at least on eBay), and I don't consider that unreasonable.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
So I'm trying to decide if I should do this or not. I don't have the cash all at once right now, but could easily pay this off in 3-4 months. On one hand, I've been longing to replace my fav guitar (a black 1993 SG special) that I lost in a fire 2 years back and this is about the same price you see used ones go for. On the other hand, I'm relatively "poor" right now and I need a new guitar like a heart attack. Decisions decisions decisions...

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I'm trying to decide if I should do this or not. I don't have the cash all at once right now, but could easily pay this off in 3-4 months. On one hand, I've been longing to replace my fav guitar (a black 1993 SG special) that I lost in a fire 2 years back and this is about the same price you see used ones go for. On the other hand, I'm relatively "poor" right now and I need a new guitar like a heart attack. Decisions decisions decisions...
Flip a coin, best two out of three. Then after you flip it you'll know how you really feel.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
The faded series have been pretty reasonable for a long time. I got my Faded V a few years ago at GC, brand new, for $560 out the door. That said, they hold their value well. The V's still go for about $550-600 used. I like the faded finish and, if you get a good one they are awesome US made guitars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts