Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its nice to see Maiden members play something other than the usual ones. Mr Smith playing Gangland and having fun :)

Wish they did more like this, They have so many amazing songs that are basically forgotten :(

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
i love that whole album man. its such a killer blend of the pre-dickenson stuff and the peace of mind/powerslave music. I love Nicko's drumming but the stuff with Clive on it is just unforgettable. idk how to describe it but all his patterns and fills were just so cool. maybe its just cause maiden is my favorite band but I can't forget about all the killer tracks on the older albums because damn near all of them are 5/5 tracks, just not mainstream hit material. Also cool to see Adrian pulling it back out for a playthough. Awesome video, thanks for sharing it!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah and its from their prime when all songs were nice and even the not so nice ones were much better than what they have put out for the past 20 years. I Love Invaders the opening track, most people seem to hate it. Cliff was a monster. Nicko is amazing but there was something about Cliff and the groove he had that was just different. Maiden were really lucky in having two amazing Drummers and one right next to the other, although it seems Nicko was really hard to work with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts