Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
I had gas for the maple board one a few months ago - the one with the black pick guard :highfive:

I don't blame you, they look great!

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
:yesway:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Love that guitar to. DO IT DO IT.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
kind of what I based my Black MIJ SoCal on.
Nice guitars but IMO way overpriced for what you're actually getting.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kind of what I based my Black MIJ SoCal on.
Nice guitars but IMO way overpriced for what you're actually getting.
The MIM version is under $500. Not the same thing obviously but it might be enough to slightly douse my GAS. $2500 for this one is definitely more than I'd spend for a So Cal, but damn if it isn't a fucking awesome fiddle all the same.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
The MIM version is under $500. Not the same thing obviously but it might be enough to slightly douse my GAS. $2500 for this one is definitely more than I'd spend for a So Cal, but damn if it isn't a fucking awesome fiddle all the same.
I have played two MIM's and they both had to weight close to ten pounds, get yourself a charvel and your back will thankyou for it.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Hell Yes. One of the main reasons I will always GAS for a white So Cal with black pick guard, when I see peoples NGDs with them I think of this one. Nicks Black one made me think of Glenn Tiptons one with the mirror pick guard too...even though I think it was a Fender.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
If i were going for an artist signature Strat-type guitar, i think this would be at the top of my list:

If only they'd do a MIM version of this… :wub:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have played two MIM's and they both had to weight close to ten pounds, get yourself a charvel and your back will thankyou for it.
I'm a bedroom rocker who plays about an hour of guitar a week these days. Weight isn't really a concern. :lol:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
I'm a bedroom rocker who plays about an hour of guitar a week these days. Weight isn't really a concern. :lol:
I can relate I was there when I was married, being single has really opened me back up to playing more. The two MIM's I played where not that great sounding, ask Dave I think he played one of the same ones I played at GC in Fairfax.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Fortunately, I have virtually the exact same thing - just with a pointy headstock - already, so that slakes the GAS a bit.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
If i were going for an artist signature Strat-type guitar, i think this would be at the top of my list:

If only they'd do a MIM version of this… :wub:
WTH is that?!

[action=Leon]would LOVE a hardtail strat...[/action]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts