Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YOYOYO Dudes!!!

I been quite busy lately. Hope soon I'll be around this place more frequently :)

So anyway I need an advise from a gear guys.

So here is this studio that have 25+ amps and 150+ pedals.

The person who is running all this tired the fuck up from switching the cables, footswitches, knobs ...etc.

He asked me to find something that will be able to control at least some part of all that setup.

So and I found this:
RJM Music Technology, Inc. Product Listing - Audio Loop Switchers, Function Switchers and more!

They have a descent products.

But I want to as you guys, maybe some of you have some experience in controlling a tons of amps and pedals from one unit ?

Oh I forgot to say. Some of the amps and pedals have a MIDI, and some not.

Hope you can advise me on that coz my brain is boiling from an information!

Cherers :metal:

4,429 Posts
Patch-bays edit: Basically you permanently wire everything to a patch bay and then simply make your connections from that. Get some of those Big Dunlop/CAE power supplys for the pedals. This way you can just put the pedals on a rack and then create signal chains on the patch bay.

You could do the same thing with midi as long as you kept the distances reasonable.

It would be much cheaper than a programmable interface.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Patch-bays edit: Basically you permanently wire everything to a patch bay and then simply make your connections from that. Get some of those Big Dunlop/CAE power supplys for the pedals. This way you can just put the pedals on a rack and then create signal chains on the patch bay.

You could do the same thing with midi as long as you kept the distances reasonable.

It would be much cheaper than a programmable interface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts