Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering purchasing a new ESP guitar. Asking here before calling a retailer in hopes of getting a "different" perspective.

Looking at the following models:

M-400

M-1000

M-II Series

I have 2 questions:

Practically speaking, what is the difference?

How do the Kirk Hammett models fit in with these models?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Same basic guitar fundamentally, but with increasing spec and manufacture quality.
M400 and M1000 will be the same besides so slight aesthetic differences and that the m1000 will have a Korean Original Floyd Rose, M400 will have a Floyd Rose Special. Both made in Korea. M-II made in Japan, German original floyd rose, better build quality

The Hammett models (KH-600) are of a similar spec and build quality to the M1000 (same factory)
Thank you Mattayus.

What is the difference between the Korean Original Floyd Rose, the Floyd Rose Special and the Original Floyd Rose?

Due to the spec and manufacture quality, do you feel that playability and sound difference will be noticeable?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 200 model signature ones are generally "okay" but I'd avoid them if you are serious. They are more for parents to buy their kids that are just starting out and idolize xyz person. The 600/1000s are good guitars, I have a few and they all kick ass. The E-II / Standard series models are a step up but it is mostly minor details at that point like rounded fret ends. Some of the guitars are shaped slightly differently, like the LTD and ESP/E-II Viper models have different angled cuts on them. Same goes with the bolt-on joints, MIJs have smaller ones that are more sculpted, MIJ Horizons have more defined cuts on the sculpting, custom shop horizons have a totally different top cut shape, etc. These are all minor things though. For the M-1000 / M-II model though they would be pretty similar both being neck through body and a flat top.
Thank you Kagami. Good info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.