Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rockschooljim
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'd be interested in your thoughts on my ESP Mirage Custom. I've had it since around '86 / '87. The only serial number on the guitar is punched into the last fret. #310 Its in awesome condition. A few very small dings but pretty mint for the most part. Considering selling but not quite sure yet. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:welcome:

Killer guitar, I've always loved those. Don't you dare fucking sell it.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Or sell it to me, for a dollar. And like 4 beers

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
You mean 100 beers. Exactly 100 beers.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Dude I'll buy him a hundred dogfishhead 120s for that thing :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
It might actually be around that price. :lol:

·
Rockschooljim
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha ha... Trust me guys... As much as i love the the DogFishHead, I know what I've got here. Lol. I'm just curious as to the details. The early, made in Japan ESPs are kinda mysterious obviously so... I just wanted to get some thoughts on this guitar. I've seen a few drop pretty strong recently on eBay & CList so... just thought I'd ask for some expert opinions on her.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Conversely, you could pick up a couple of six pack of Westvleteren on E-bay and trade him those.

·
Shred or die !
173 Posts
Hi Everyone! I'd be interested in your thoughts on my ESP Mirage Custom. I've had it since around '86 / '87. The only serial number on the guitar is punched into the last fret. #310 Its in awesome condition. A few very small dings but pretty mint for the most part. Considering selling but not quite sure yet. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hey there, I've seen these ESPs with the Sinclair bridge go for around 700-1000 depending on condition. There was one near me in yellow and it ended up going for like $700 I think. It needed some work on the bridge though. Nice guitar ! If I had the cash I'd totally buy it !

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
From what I've seen, ESP was all over the map back then when it came to serial numbers. As such, they're basically useless for dating the guitar, AFAIK. I've never seen one with a stamped board. My old Mirage Custom certainly didn't have one.

Yeah, where's the Adminishredder? This is exactly what he was looking for.

·
Rockschooljim
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all your thoughts and replies about my ESP everyone. I do appreciate it. Thinking back to what I paid for her back in '87 along with the great condition and insanely low serial number on her makes me realize what an awesome guitar she truly is. Aside from not being black, she's just as killer as that recent NAMM show ESP Mirage Custom that everyone was talking about. If I do let her go it would have to be to the right buyer/player. Thanks again guys!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts