·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is fascinating...:eek:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Very interesting. Structurally, they're almost the exact same and a lot of the lyrics are left the same in both versions too. I prefer Integral Birth way over this version, but this one is definitely pretty cool too, especially when you compare them to each other.

I remember when The Mars Volta's "Deloused In the Commatorium" came out and I was really surprised by how much Cicatrix had changed when it became Cicatriz Esp. It changed from a 4:11 song to a 12:28 song with a huge tempo increase and with the chorus completely changed into something that didn't even resemble the original. I love both versions, but I have to say the version on "Deloused in the Commatorium" was better. I can't remember how I got "Cicatrix" since it's not on Tremulant, but I've had it since around 2001. I think they might have just put it on their website for free download before they released their first EP.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (shsjdjfueyktlgdffiofhfjeofyefh: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

wow, good find

1 - 3 of 3 Posts