Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a capo.

I know, right? :lol:

It was an impulse purchase. What a cool thing to have. I want to play a Bonnie Raitt song in the band, and it's in Eb. Capo should make it very cool. I'll post clips if I like how it turns out.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Every now and then I'll use a capo.

Mostly just to play songs in Eb or standard, since I don't wanna fuck with retuning a trem-based guitar. :lol: But hey, I use 'em!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
My folksing about requires capos. I like the Kyser spring-loaded ones.

And for everybody's edification, with careful placement, a Kyser classical guitar capo fits Ibanez RG7 guitars :devil: It's awesome to drop A tune, and then use the capo to change keys and start fingerpickin'.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I never use a capo on my electrics, but I use it on my acoustics all the time.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
One of my favourite uses for a capo is to tune a twelve-string acoustic to Open C, then capo it up to D or Eb. DADGAD is also awesome with a capo, as 7SOH said; I really like the sound of DADGAD capoed up to F.

·
18,790 Posts
One of my favourite uses for a capo is to tune a twelve-string acoustic to Open C, then capo it up to D or Eb. DADGAD is also awesome with a capo, as 7SOH said; I really like the sound of DADGAD capoed up to F.
Sure beats the hell out of trying to tune that octave G-string any higher...I just shivered thinking about it :lol: Literally.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Sure beats the hell out of trying to tune that octave G-string any higher...I just shivered thinking about it :lol: Literally.
My coverband is a half-step down, and the high F# doesn't snap all the time, but it does still happen fairly often.

It kind of pisses me off that we are down a half-step, since I used to tune it down to D standard and capo 2. Capoing odd-numbered frets makes barre chords impossible. :/

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
My coverband is a half-step down, and the high F# doesn't snap all the time, but it does still happen fairly often.

It kind of pisses me off that we are down a half-step, since I used to tune it down to D standard and capo 2. Capoing odd-numbered frets makes barre chords impossible. :/
how does barring an odd numbered fret make them impossible? :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
how does barring an odd numbered fret make them impossible? :lol:
I just remember a couple ugly practices where I was always landing on the wrong fret, since the dots make you think you're in a different spot. It would probably be much easier with a blank 'board, but I was consistently off.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I just remember a couple ugly practices where I was always landing on the wrong fret, since the dots make you think you're in a different spot. It would probably be much easier with a blank 'board, but I was consistently off.
+1. It can be a whore. I do this at church with a 7-string drop tuned, and I get in trouble when I have to capo 2. It's just a mental thing though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.