Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few months or so back, I asked everyone what Mesa Mark to buy. After sniffing around and hunting for deals, one showed up!

Inside, it's a...

MARSHALL?!

So this bad boy is a modded 81 JCM800. It's apparently an exact copy of Gary Holt's Langer modded Marshall. Only 4 of these exist in the world, two belonging to Gary and Lee of Exodus, the guy who did this clone, and myself. As a huge Exodus fan, I couldn't pass this bad boy up. There's an extra gain stage and tube, as well as a mid shift switch, depth control, and an FX Loop. The headshell is signed by Gary Holt, Kerry King, Tom Araya, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, Rob Caggiano, and Phil Campbell. Here's some more pics:

I've had it since last week, but I've been really busy, and I knew I couldn't post this without some clips. Here's a segment from my band's upcoming song, reamped with this guy boosted with a TS9 into an ENGL impulse.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Thats totally cool to get something like that, and it sounds badass too, congrats and have fun with that thing.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Now that is a truly special score. Congrats!
:winning:

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey man, I plugged in to test it, and it sounded fuckin' good, so I reamped it that way. Just got the first real opportunity to crank it at practice, it's fuckin' mean. Pretty vicious with the gain only at 6.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
That's fuckin' sick!!!!

Modded Marshalls are 95% of the reason I want to take some electrical courses!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts