Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for sale! Sooner than I thought, and I JUST bought a new (Agile) guitar, and will unveil it very soon. I need an 8 before I get a 9 also, but I will be trying to scrape up the $$ for this....somehow.

$695 ain't bad at all for that. :metal:
Agile Intrepid 928 MN Nat at RondoMusic.com

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Is it an extra high string or a low string?

Seriously though, alot of djent kiddies are gonna have to put off purchasing their axe fxs and powered monitors to get their hands on one of these.
It's actually sent with a neat tuning - the low three are bass guitar E-A-D, and the high 6 are a regular guitar E-A-D-G-B-e. Obviously you can tune it as you wish, but I can say for a fact it will be hell getting a high A on the top string.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
It's actually sent with a neat tuning - the low three are bass guitar E-A-D, and the high 6 are a regular guitar E-A-D-G-B-e. Obviously you can tune it as you wish, but I can say for a fact it will be hell getting a high A on the top string.
That's actually kind of cool. Would make a great tapping instrument. I wouldn't know what to do with it, but that tuning really makes sense... I was expecting some high A or low C# gymnastics or something.

EDIT: :lol:

Kurt said:
Because 8 Is NOT Enough...

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Seriously though, alot of djent kiddies are gonna have to put off purchasing their axe fxs and powered monitors to get their hands on one of these.
I like this guy. :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
It seems like as guitars get more strings, less notes actually get played. 8s were bad enough with F# 7 times in a row and then one G.

I hope kids don't buy this, tune it as low as strings allow, and have an album of 40 minutes of breakdowns and deem themselves the most brutal thing ever.

/rant

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
It seems like as guitars get more strings, less notes actually get played. 8s were bad enough with F# 7 times in a row and then one G.

I hope kids don't buy this, tune it as low as strings allow, and have an album of 40 minutes of breakdowns and deem themselves the most brutal thing ever.

/rant
ROFL! So true mate, so true.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I've got a great idea for a new guitar company for all the new br00tal arteests out there. We'll ditch all the extra strings, we'll go with say 4-5, then tune it to something wicked like a B1 (even more br00tz than a standard-tuned 9) and stretch the scale length waaay over 30" for some sick djenting. What do you guys think, 34, 35 inches?

Who's in with me?

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I've got a great idea for a new guitar company for all the new br00tal arteests out there. We'll ditch all the extra strings, we'll go with say 4-5, then tune it to something wicked like a B1 (even more br00tz than a standard-tuned 9) and stretch the scale length waaay over 30" for some sick djenting. What do you guys think, 34, 35 inches?

Who's in with me?
And we can take it even further and create a whole new type of amp to handle such low tunings! We are on to something. I'm gonna beat you to the patent office!:p

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I'm gonna start playing double piccolo bass. 12" scale FTW :metal:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.