Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm always designing and building things in my head, especially guitars, since I spend most of my time locked up by myself, I decided to try and at least do some proper scaled design ideas.

This first one is heavily influenced by the art/design collective called Obstructures and their take on the guitar as a utility tool. Simple, purely functional. The idea was for this to be a one thin piece of aluminum, titanium or some composite, almost like you stamped it out. Something you could literally throw around and it'd be fine. A truly rugged guitar. Ergonomics are of course along the lines of a Klein. Like a Klein and a science fiction laser rifle had a baby.

This one is kind of an art experiment, I wanted to make something along the lines of a Matsuda or Toone, kind of different pieces of wood intersecting in different ways and angles.

This one is meant to be small, light weight and ergonomic. This one is the idea I'm most interested in building at the moment, it's the closest to being done, and the simplest to build. Trying to be ergonomic while not fully ripping off the Strandberg designs. Haha.

All of these are just kind of sketches, evolving and continuing to get better. I just need some wood. :agreed:

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
yes :agreed:, also has a 'monkey-grip'. would like to have something strandberg-ish made mostly of carbon fiber, that I could lug around campus or leave in the trunk if necessary.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes :agreed:, also has a 'monkey-grip'. would like to have something strandberg-ish made mostly of carbon fiber, that I could lug around campus or leave in the trunk if necessary.
Wirelessly posted (asshat)

I kinda dig that first one. Very weapon-like.
I actually had the idea of wrapping the handle/monkey grip like a katana to complete that weapon idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts